what to do I don't have anymore diapers for these boys I am babysitting

They both are in diapers almost 3 years and 20 months old. She brings them today with soaked diapers so I changed them that was at 830 and then I changed them before nap cause I wasn't about to lay them for a nap in a wet diaper that was at 130 then they woke up at 1 and the 20 month old had a poopy diaper so I changed them both so now I don't have any left. I don't have a way to the store and I don't have money to buy diapers anyway plus she didn't bring me wipes so I had to wipe the baby with paper towels. I ran out of the diapers at 1 it is 3 now and she isn't coming to pick them up until 530 and I think the 3 year old might poop cause he keeps smelling like it and grunting but he hasn't as of yet. What to do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:29 PM on Sep. 24, 2010 in General Parenting

• I also agree that you need to be proactive in getting a package of diapers for each child, as well as wipes before she brings them back. I have to do that for my daughter, and my sitter usually gives me about a week's notice to bring in diapers and wipes. You really shouldn't have to be relying on the diaper bag everyday.
    Journey311

Answer by Journey311 at 9:51 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Call mom and tell her to bring diapers when picking them up. I would be sitting him on a toilet at 3, but that is just me. I guess wrap them up in some towels and safety pin them, like cloth diapers. IDK what else to say accept wow.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 3:34 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Honestly I would take a shirt you didnt like too much and fashion a diaper. Do you have any cloth diapers? My daughter was in disposables but we had cloth for burping cloths. They work really well. I know it happens. People are human. Im sorry this happened and I wish you the best.
    Sillybillymel

Answer by Sillybillymel at 3:57 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• call mom
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 3:32 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Next time don't let her go unless you have the correct amount of diapers. Put a small towel in their pants, what else can you do?
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:32 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• call their mother to bring them some diapers NOW, or send someone to get some for you... idk, sorry :( how could a mother drop her kids off with a babysitter without enough diapers/wipes? that's just bad parenting and i'm not afraid to say it :P
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 3:32 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Hmm...got any old t-shirts? Do you have anyone you can call?

Tell her when she picks them up that she needs to have diapers for them or you won't watch them. Does she pay you to watch them or are you doing it as a favor? Either way, she needs to supply the diapers or the money to get them.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 3:32 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I would call the mother at work and tell her that she needs to either bring diapers or send someone with some.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 3:33 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I'm sorry, but it's just as much your fault as hers. You knew how many diapers you had and you let her go.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:36 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

No I Have noone to call DH is at work and I don't drive and even if DH could go get me some he would throw a fit because we don't have money for diapers. We don't add that in our budget anymore since our 2.5 year old is out of diapers now and has been for sometime. No I don't have an old shirt I just threw our old clothes we don't wear away last week. She pays me,but only 100 a week since that is all she can afford and I new her as a kid.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:36 PM on Sep. 24, 2010