i'm trying to save money for the holidays, so i want to know if there any programs and or community resources i could utilize to help me with baby items for my new arrival coming in December?

it could be places that offer used items that are in good condition or simply free goverment or community programs that can help me with the basic necessities for my soon to arrive son and things for my two three year old daughter, any information will be helpful. i live in San Fernando Valley in california or Los Angeles County.

jazzema

Asked by jazzema at 9:42 PM on Oct. 20, 2008 in Money & Work

• I agree to spend on the new baby for nessecities. Your other children are only 2 and 3, if I read that right. Still really too young to know what is going on. They will be happy with the amount of gifts they get, even if you only get each 1 or 2 items. (and a few from santa if you do that) My kids get so much from other family, I try not to get them too much. But Craigs list is a great place to start. Also kids consignment or second hand shops are great. I buy lots of clothes there (like Once Upon a Child, if you have one in your area). I find their prices on furniture to be too high, but it's good for clothes. Try Ebay too and your local paper for furniture items.
    MissAlisabeth

Answer by MissAlisabeth at 11:50 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Perhaps spend money on your little one getting things that are necessary and cut back on spending unnecessarily for the holidays.
    StarLee

Answer by StarLee at 9:48 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• I love craigslist and the goodwill you can find amazing things for a fraction of the price they cost new.
    little.miss.mom

Answer by little.miss.mom at 9:51 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• toys for tots. angel tree. sub for santa.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 11:28 AM on Oct. 21, 2008