Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm in trouble with the State CPS Child Care Dept. and I didn't do anything! Help me please!!

Several months ago my family was in the subsidized child care program. I filed my paper work correctly with mine and my husbands pay stubs and we were accepted. After a few months we left the program to go to an individual I could pay less to, a friend. I called 2 weeks out and left a message for my case worker that I no longer needed the service and that she could call me if I needed to do anything else. She never called so I thought That was it. Well, the case worker just called and talked to the babysitter we used. She said to the babysitter that I was in trouble for tying up the states money not contacting her. And when the baby sitter mentioned my husband she got pissed and said I lied to get the service and that I was going to owe them money! She had no right to tell her that for one. For two I didn't lie! I turned in all paystubs!! I can't get a hold of her now I left a message and so did DH...


Asked by Anonymous at 3:35 PM on Sep. 24, 2010 in General Parenting

This question is closed.
Answers (8)
  • Call/ email the governers office and tell them your story they will straighten them out!

    Answer by spammyann at 3:38 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

  • CPS is Child Protective Services. It sounds like you had received child care assistance, not assistance from CPS. If you have all of your documentation, it sounds like the financial issue will be resolved. Keep everything together so that you'll have it when you need it. Document who you spoke with, when, and the details of the conversation also.

    As far as CPS taking children, children are removed when they are judged to be in eminent danger, not for paperwork problems.

    Answer by aliceinalgonac at 5:18 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

  • DH also called what would be her superior and left a message. What else can I do. DO you think I will really be in trouble. DO you think they will take the kids or anything. I didn't really do anything wrong!

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:36 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

  • I would go up there and ask to speak to an office manager. They must have one?

    I messed up with my childcare and didn't realize I wasn't supposed to take my kids to childcare while I was out from having my baby (they made it out to me that I had to get them to daycare no matter WHAT was going on or I would lose my help). Well the lady ended up fixing mine for me, but she was NICE too.

    I wouldn't let her fuck up your file and such.

    Answer by Memigen at 3:39 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

  • I think you'll be alright. You've left messages and hopefully that will be enough. When I was little my family got food stamps. My dad works construction and sometimes gets large checks, then small ones, depending on the construction job. DHS found out he was above the bracket for one of his checks and my family had to repay all the foodstamp money. DHS can be stingy sometimes

    Answer by stenhouse_baby at 3:39 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

  • these case workers can be very overloaded and it sounds like a screw up- I'd document as much as you can-
    this is exactly why whenever possible I insist on emails vs phone calls, and unless I get something in writing.
    do you have copies of the stubs that you gave? do you have copies of the paperwork you filled out?
    Cover yourself as much as possible is all I can suggest!

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:07 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

  • what alice said.

    Answer by 3boysandmekmcd at 4:10 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

  • Call her supervisor and tell them you left a message and if they do not leave you alone you will sue.

    Answer by blue_glass_mama at 3:55 PM on Sep. 24, 2010