Whats your opinion on Katie Perry and the sesame street video?

Its been all over the web, and Sesame Street decided to pull the video off the show due to alot of parents complaining about the way she was dressed. In their defense she wore a dress like the figure skaters with the mesh up to her neck you just cant see it that well. I was just curious to know what your opinions on it or, was it appropriate or not? The video is viewable on youtube.

Snavarro08

Asked by Snavarro08 at 3:43 PM on Sep. 24, 2010 in General Parenting

• I saw it.

Didn't bother me. Didn't see the big ta-do.

And Yes... I would have allowed my son to watch it if here were a young child.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:44 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• The cleavage wasn't necessary

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:44 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• It is low cut. But SesameStreet's producers must have seen her and approved her outfit before it was filmed.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:45 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• No problem with it. Kids don't sexoualise what they see like adults do..
    mysevenkids

Answer by mysevenkids at 3:46 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Mesh or not, I am very uncomfortable with my son seeing that much cleavage, no matter what his age is. Call me a prude, but Sesame Street is supposed to be one of the safe shows for my children, not one I have to sensor because of guests' inappropriate wardrobes. And if the producers originally okayed that outfit, shame on them. And shame on her for not having more sense. It's a CHILDREN'S show, not one of her concerts.
    ruthie11617

Answer by ruthie11617 at 3:49 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I didn't have a problem with it. Could or should she have chosen something different? Perhaps, but I didn't think she looked slutty in it. I would be more worried if a young girl was dressed in that, but not a 20-something year old woman.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 3:50 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• The outfit was supposed to be comical, fun and cartoon-y. Ummm she does not not really have any "cleavage". I think people are making a huge fuss over something that was supose to be fun.
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 3:54 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• You know for a kid's show they should have covered her up a little more.. but really they will be seeing all that eventually whether we like it or not... I mean come on they have to look at ridiculous crazy dressers like lady gaga... and most of the singers now don't like to wear bottoms.. so its just how the entertainment industry is doing things now. We are only going to be able to shelter our children so much... and to talk about them putting her on there barely dressed isn't much different than the songs we listen to that our kids hear about sex... but thats just my opinion.
    ajc88

Answer by ajc88 at 3:57 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• eh... i didn't care for her outfit, but i didn't think it was obscene or anything. mostly, i just think katy perry should not be marketed to preschoolers.
    rfurlongg

Answer by rfurlongg at 3:59 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I doubt if most kids watching it would even notice the cleavage, and I don't hold her responsible if the outfit was considered inappropriate.

I wonder who it was that put her in this outfit in the first place! I assume that someone on sesame street chose the outfit, or at least OKed it.

I found the fact that she was running in it which caused her cleavage a little over the top, but in general I think it was a little too much fuss over something silly.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 4:01 PM on Sep. 24, 2010