My baby is staying awake in the middle of the night....

My almost 1 yr old is transitioning to sleeping a longer stretch at night. So instead of waking 2x it's just once. He sleeps about 6-7 hours, then he has his bottle. But when I lay him down he lays in there and plays for an hour to an hour and a half....so I go back in when he gets fussy to make sure he isn't dirty. He drinks another couple oz and then goes back to sleep till morning. But before when he was waking every 4 hours he ate and went back to sleep. This never happened with my first. Anyone else have this happen. I assume he is so rested he thinks, alright, let's get up....but it's 3a.m. LOL

2BlondeBabies

Asked by 2BlondeBabies at 3:44 PM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My sons wakes up in the middle of the night crys for 5minutes and goes back to sleep. I would just leave him alone, if he knows you are going to come get him a new bottle thats why he's up. I only give one bottle at night, now there is a difference in crys so if he is waking up terrified then I go check on him.
    browningmom

Answer by browningmom at 5:14 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• If hes just playing and isnt keeping you up, I say thats a good thing!
    tiger_tatted1

Answer by tiger_tatted1 at 3:46 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I would leave him and let him self soothe back to sleep. He shouldn't need another bottle after having one an hour before. Leave him be and he will figure out that he needs to sleep and that it isn't play time.
    coala

Answer by coala at 3:47 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• He is keeping me up LOL I check on him because at times he is dirty, he is an early morning pooper. But I know I need to leave him.
    2BlondeBabies

Comment by 2BlondeBabies (original poster) at 3:50 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• A 1 yo shouldn't go to bed with a bottle unless it's water, it causes the teeth to rot. You could put him to bed when you go to bed so you will be ready to get up when he wakes up in 5-7 hours?

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:21 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I am putting my 1 yo to bed at 8:30/9:00 and he sleeps until 6 am. Sometimes I hear him at 3 or 4 in the morning, but unless he's crying, not just crabassing but actually crying, I don't go in there. He almost always goes back to sleep on his own. If your guy is sleeping 6-7 hours, move his bedtime to yours so you both can get some good rest.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 4:36 PM on Sep. 24, 2010