is scared.... can anyone tell me its gonna be okay?

I went in for an ultrasound yesterday...I was supposed to be around 5wks 3d, and they didnt see anything. They just saw a black dot that was "probably" the sac. They said maybe its less than 5 wks and I'm too early to see much, they did an u/s on my belly not internal.... I'm wonderin if this has happened to anyone else? Like is it okay mayb just too early?

AshJoe05

Asked by AshJoe05 at 3:48 PM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I would not worried. That is very early to see anything without an internal scan. Try to relax and wait it out. Did they schedule you another ultrasound?
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 3:49 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• at 5 weeks they would not be able to see anything definative without a vaginal ultrasound....as long as your hormone levels are ok and going up regularly there is nothing to worry about.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 3:50 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• i had early scan at 6 weeks, said they had to make another appt for scan because no heartbeat
    it was just because it was too early

TRY to relax, it is very very early
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 3:51 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I havent gotten my levels checked yet. my appt isnt until the 6th
    AshJoe05

Comment by AshJoe05 (original poster) at 3:52 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Your way to early to see much.. when I was preggo I went in at 7wks to get an ultrasound and to make srue I was pregnant for sure, and all I saw was a black dot too.. didnt see anything, but I got the vaginal ultrasound done,
    AirforceWife654

Answer by AirforceWife654 at 3:55 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• just try to relax and not stress yourself out then~ I know its hard not to think about especially if you have been trying to conceive for a while...just keep yourself busy until the appt.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 3:55 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Dont worry until the doctor tells you to worry :) I'm sure it was just too early to see anything via a traditional ultrasound, I've always had vaginal ones until 12 weeks or so.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 3:55 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• When I was 5.5wks they did a transvaginal u/s and seen the gestational sac which looks like a black circle. So I would have them do a transvaginal next time. Good luck
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 3:59 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• idk i didnt get my first u/s til 14 weeks.. but foryour sake i hope it was just too early goodluck
    Rachelxbby

Answer by Rachelxbby at 4:45 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Yeah I think 5 weeks is way too early for an u/s. Any reason they did it that early?
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 4:49 PM on Sep. 24, 2010