How do you know if your child is spoiled?

I know when you see other children that are not yours its easier to pass judgement on them and say they are spoiled or well-behaved, or whatever. But when its your own child, you think of them as the world, how do you know if your child is spoiled or not? I hope I clarified my question.. thanks!

navajomama7

Asked by navajomama7 at 3:49 PM on Sep. 24, 2010 in General Parenting

• I'm not sure. I hope that mine isn't spoiled. I put my foot down and keep it there with her, but her Daddy says I give in way to easy. So I don't' really know.
    coala

Answer by coala at 3:50 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I've wondered the same thing.. my son isnt the perfect child, he has his days.. but I am afraid I have spoiled him, cuz when he was younger I would buy him a toy at the store if he was good for me while we were out doing errands.... well that has caught up with me, cuz now that he understands more, he thinks that he can get a toy no matter what.. now he only gets gifts for holidays and birthdays..
    AirforceWife654

Answer by AirforceWife654 at 3:53 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Spoiled means different things to different people.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:54 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• When they DEMAND attention and toys and throw tantrums if they don't get their way.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:55 PM on Sep. 24, 2010