Those of you who are Christians

do you believe that we will recognize our loved ones when we arrive in Heaven? I lost daddy when I was 18 and mommy when I was 26 and I just cannot bear the thought of NEVER seeing them again. Life is hard enough without them here for me, but to never, never, ever see them again? I want them to meet me at the Pearly Gates and give me a big hug. I miss them so.

haroldswife

Asked by haroldswife at 9:54 PM on Oct. 20, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• I believe we will recognize our loved ones.
    Rachel65

Answer by Rachel65 at 10:14 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• yes i do believe in that. and your husband the only thing if u are dating you will not know them but i do believe u will know your family and we will worship the lord with are family's . God bless u
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 10:20 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• I believe we will see them when we get to heaven. You'll always have them in your heart. Just close your eyes and they will be there for you. Loves, Me

nun

AlohaWahine

Answer by AlohaWahine at 10:26 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• The Bible says we will be known as we are known. So, yes we will know one another I believe. I was born into a Christian home; and at the age of 9 trusted the Lord as my personal Savior. And I know for a fact one of these days I will see my Father again. (He went home to be with the Lord when I was 15).
    heavenschild99

Answer by heavenschild99 at 10:28 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• i totally agree w/ heavenschild99. we will be known as we are known.
    jaydensmom1205

Answer by jaydensmom1205 at 10:56 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• As a Catholic I believe in the Communion of Saints -- that those in heaven are alive in Christ and still part of the Body of Christ so yes we will recognize and know each other in heaven. After all Jesus told us that we are to love God and love our neighbor as ourselves (Matt. 22:35-40). If heaven meant we couldn't love others - especially those we are close to -- we wouldn't be able to follow the second of these two great commandments. So we must be able to know and love each other in heaven.
    eringobrough

Answer by eringobrough at 10:58 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• I'm sure all of us have asked this question to ourselves from time to time but I have always believed that we will most definitley see our loved ones when we arrive in heaven. A good friend of mine past away a couple of years ago & her son was by her bedside when she past away. Her son told me when she was leaving this earth she told him that Fred was there. (this was her husband who past away years before her) He was there to meet her. My friend just set there & cried. He was so happy that his father came to ease her from the pain & from being scared to leave her son. It gives me tears of joy to tell that story even though I miss her so.
    onespecialmom

Answer by onespecialmom at 11:13 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• A dear friend/pastor passed on some time ago. Mourning his loss, I called a friend of mine who had just heard the news as well. Individually, separately, through prayer; my friend and I both received the same "message" in our hearts: Pastor met our Parents that morning. There is NO DOUBT that we will know not just our blood relations, but all who celebrated in being part of God's Family with us!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I like the idea in the Bible where it says that the earth shall be made anew, and that we can live without pain, sickness, and death. That's where I hope to see mine at. I think that when God makes the earth anew, a paradise on earth. I think that we will see our loved one there. Wouldn't that be GRAND? There you'd be seeing them on a paradise earth with no bad stuff? I will be glad when that day comes, cause then I will be able to walk again and be happy!!!! No more suffering! and YOU will know them!

Freda01

Answer by Freda01 at 7:39 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Oh most definitely! And I believe that goes beyond family, I think we will know everyone there! I can't wait to see Paul and just pick his brain. Ha Ha. It's going to be some party that's for sure! Whoo-hoo!
    lifeofchaois

Answer by lifeofchaois at 10:10 AM on Oct. 21, 2008