using kids to shoplift- is there a sickning category?

I used to work at a electronics store, and there was this woman and husband that came in with 3 kids. they walked in, the woman made a point of taking the smallest out of the stroller. the kids stared waving their arms around, jumping up and down and hollering. You could tell it was so staged!
so I kept my eye on the parents-
the mom kept looking at me, gesturing towards her kids, even telling me
'my kids are making a real mess over there!'

while putting the video camera that displayed over all the TVs on her kids, I kept on watching her.
she finally snarled, called me a nasty name, and screamed at her kids that they were leaving and stomped out.
the next day I got a fax from the police with pics of mommy and daddy.
saying that they would come in and cause a disturbance, then shoplift.

boy, what a surprise!
the sickest part of this?

as they left one of the kids asked 'do we still get ice cream'?
opin

ItsMe89

Asked by ItsMe89 at 3:58 PM on Sep. 24, 2010 in General Parenting

• we are stationed in Italy right now, and there are alot of Gypsies (ya gypsies!!) and they will do this same exact thing! some stores send them immidiatly out when they see them coming. they will also send a little boy and girl down the street, the girl looking like shes just writing in her little notebook and the boy playing with his soccer ball, but really the boy kicks the ball into cars to see which ones have alarms go off, and the girl writes down the plates of the ones that dont. Its a sad world we live in.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 4:03 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Wouldn't the alarms have gone off?
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 4:02 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• sick! We just had a lady in our state get busted for quite a bit if thefts she would hit wealthy neighborhoods and bring along her little girls she would say she broke down or her kid needed to use the bathroom while in the house she would take jewelry or pills. She was finally caught and now is in jail without her child. I feel so bad for the kids whos parents (using the term lightly) use them like this.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 4:03 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• after reading Cassie_kellison's post, it makes me wonder if they teach classes in this sort of thing!
    ItsMe89

Comment by ItsMe89 (original poster) at 4:11 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• That is truly sick and it saddens me that those kids have to live like that and with those parents. That makes my heart hurt for them.
    Becca1189

Answer by Becca1189 at 5:01 PM on Sep. 24, 2010