• In the Spotlight:

Has anyone here suffered negative side effects from an epidural?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:01 PM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• omg yes.... it slowed down my labor which I partly blame for my c/s..... it then didnt completely work and i felt them CUT into me until they knocked me out...
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 4:03 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• No, it was great!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 4:03 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• It made my face itch so bad I wanted to rip off my nose.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 4:09 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I just had an epidural for my hysterectomy & OMG!!!!I itched from head to toe!!!Non-stop!!!!4th time having an epidural,but it was the first time ever getting the itching!!!Drove me insane!!!
    m0m23b0ys458

Answer by m0m23b0ys458 at 4:11 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• The first epidural I had was awful. The doctor was an ass and had no idea what he was doing. There had to have been nerve damage because that area is still super sensitive on my back...almost 4 years later. The second epidural hurt like the dickens to have it done, but worked beautifully and I had zero side effects, and no pain afterwards.
    Shortfuse007

Answer by Shortfuse007 at 4:14 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I have never had an epidural but, my sister got a spinal headache and said she itched like crazy...

Jade812

Answer by Jade812 at 4:17 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I haven't. It worked great for me. It made labor less painful than it would have been otherwise. It was still a hard work.
    Svetlana98usa

Answer by Svetlana98usa at 4:19 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Oh yes! For me it took the guy MANY tries to get it done (which hurt like hell) and then I ended up with a spinal headache from hell that lasted 7 DAYS straight! In order to get rid of it I had to go back to the hospital so they could do a 'blood patch' (take blood out of my hand and put it in the epidural spot)-- that was no picnic but thankfully it worked! I also remember being itchy....and I threw up twice (had a lot of nausea).
    So for babies #2 and 3 I refused to have an epidural I went with a full spinal block.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 4:23 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Nope, just made me really itchy. I had to keep having DH and the anesthesiologist scratch my nose lol!
    Becca1189

Answer by Becca1189 at 4:29 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• i had c section
    and after stopped pain pills for ab surg pain
    i noticed my head hurt like never could imagine
    called doc, then put through to gas dc, i had soinal headaches lasted forever had to take meds for head, for a year whenever i did anything too much for back would get spinal headaches

doc said i did too much after surgery, slow leak in spine=the worst head pain in the world
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:49 PM on Sep. 24, 2010