are you a great online shopper? can you help me find a "Specialty" item plz?

My daughter is being an egg for Halloween and we are desperate to get her a little hat that's like a cracked egg shell. She is 4 years 3 months old and has an average size head although at this point I don't even care if it was adult size, we'd make it work. I am also 100% fine paying someone from ebay or etsy to make something custom, I just don't have any contacts! Any suggestions, finds, etc? Including shipping I am willing to pay up to $30 I guess. Perhaps a teeny bit more if it is AWESOME. Ideally something really similar to what they wore on this Full House episode
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyLzL_JK0J8

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 4:02 PM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Shopping

• instead of making it an animal make it look like a egg shell lol maybe add some yellow under it to make it look like the yolk lol

http://www.marthastewart.com/article/animal-party-hats?backto=true&backtourl=/photogallery/kids-party-crafts#slide_9
    pinkdena

Answer by pinkdena at 11:29 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Someone in my business group does custom costumes for a living. Contact me if you want me to get you her screen name.

HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 5:37 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Do you know anyone that can sew? That hat looks ridiculously easy to make. If you know anyone that sews, they could probably whip that up in about half an hour.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 5:31 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Tools and Materials

•Measuring tape
    •Honeydew melon
    •100 percent wool felt in a variety of colors
    •Shallow bowl
    •Petroleum jelly
    •White glue
    •Scissors
    •Bootlace or sturdy cord
    •Chalk
    •Owl or goose template
    •Fabric glue

Animal Party Hats How-To
    1. Measure the child's head, and choose a honeydew melon that has the same circumference. Place melon in a shallow bowl to keep it steady, and lightly coat with petroleum jelly.

2. Mix 8 cups of hot tap water with 1 cup of white glue. Cut a 12-inch diameter circle from wool felt, and soak in glue mixture until fully saturated. Wring out liquid and stretch felt over melon.

3. Tie a bootlace or cord into a slipknot and slide over felt, halfway down melon. Tighten cord around melon. Pull felt evenly below the cord until the felt above is smooth and ripple-free. Let dry overnight.

pinkdena

Answer by pinkdena at 11:27 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• 4. Mark the approximate center top of the dried felt with a piece of chalk. Draw a chalk line, 5 inches from the center point, all the way around the felt.

5. Mark a point on the line that you'd like to be the center-front of the brim on the hat. For the owl: Draw an inverted, convex "V," about 1 inch high and 3 inches wide, centered above this point. For the goose: Draw a low, long arch on either side of the center point, with each arch about 1 inch high and 4 inches wide.

6. Remove slipknot and loosen felt from melon. Cut felt along chalk lines.

7. Print owl or goose template and use as a guide to make eyes, beak, and other details out of different colored pieces of felt. Attach felt pieces to hat with fabric glue.

Resources
    100 percent wool felt is available from Magic Cabin.

From The Martha Stewart Show, April 2010
    pinkdena