Has anyone tried the Alli weight loss pills? Don't read if grossed out easily. adult content

My friend is a nurse and she told me that is the only over the counter one you should use. That the others are full of preservatives. She also said that you basically poop out your fat. Sorry gross I know!! But I have heard that it's really nasty and oozes out and you have to wear like a pad cuz it can seep out. Is that true? Anyone actually know? I would try it if that doesn't happen.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:10 PM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• It depends on how many pills you take per day and how much fat you consume. If you are eating fried foods or food with any significant amount of fat and taking the pill up to 3 times a day then you will definitely have a problem. But, if you take it the way I was... low calorie, low-fat breakfast, lunch and snacks without the pill (no need since there wasn't much fat to get rid of) then 1 pill at dinner time, you will not have a problem at all. If you do take it with every meal (up to 3 pills per day) then just make sure what your eating isn't full of fat and grease. Alli is meant to "help along" a good diet, you won't get anywhere eating a ton of calories per day even with Alli.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 5:10 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I havent' tried it, but that's my understanding of how it works... it blocks the absorption of a portion of the fat in foods in the intestines, so all that excess fat has got to go someplace and there's only one way out!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 4:14 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• One of my friends had to bring extra pairs of pants to work because she would have "accidents".

TOTALLY not worth it to me, lol.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 4:18 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• that's what I heard too
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 4:11 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I've heard the same thing.That's why I have not tried it.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 4:13 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I heard it oozes out like oil. I'd like to try it, but I'm scared. And I work, so I guess not.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 4:14 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I agree w/ Freela.. My Aunt tried it, she said it worked but her poop was like black tar, lol.
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 4:20 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• well if ur a SAHM it probably wouldn't be that big of a deal, just wear something lol I dance so I'm scared to do it ( I have it in my cupboard lol) all that movement might make me "leak" everywhere
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 4:28 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I am a SAHM so that's why I'm wondering if I should do it. It is nasty but I hardly go anywhere anyways. lol
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:20 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• yes you can tell your really loosing weight because your pooping out volumes of fat...how else do you think your going to loose a good amount of fat? it does not just disappear...
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 11:55 PM on Sep. 24, 2010