Birth control ?

I am breastfeeding and have taken one dose of the depo shot. I had the shot before I was pregnant and it made me bleed for months at a time. My gyno kind of pushed me into getting it this time bc "youre breastfeeding - it wont make you bleed at all" ... but I have heard a lot of risk factors associated with it. I really do not want to get the next shot. What birth control is safe to take while breastfeeding, that will not effect my supply at all? I wish I could take the mini pill - but I am the worst person at remembering to take them. I guess I am most interested in the nuvaring or the patch. Does anyone have any experience of using one of these while breastfeeding? Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:59 PM on Oct. 20, 2008 in Health

• The only thing that will not run the chance of decreasing your milk supply is an IUD or the mini pill. Try setting an alarm to go off everyday at the same time to help you remember to take it. Whatever you do don't let her push you into something you don't want to do.
    little.miss.mom

Answer by little.miss.mom at 10:01 PM on Oct. 20, 2008