Where should I take my baby to get his ear pierced? What age did you take your baby?

My son is 6 months old now and I want to take him to get his ear pierced. I was the same age when my mom took me, so I'm not worried about the age. But where should I go? The only places I really know of is Clairs, Wal Mart, or Piercing Pagoda. Any suggestions?

AntoinetteM

Asked by AntoinetteM at 4:05 AM on Jul. 2, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• why dont you wait and let him make the decision when hes older?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:38 AM on Jul. 2, 2008

• My dr. does that in the office. Maybe you should check w/your dr.
    Good Luck!
    krisstencarmela

Answer by krisstencarmela at 5:20 AM on Jul. 2, 2008

• I agree with the pp. They're not your ears to pierce. If that isn't a compelling arguement please consider that as the child grows the ear size and to an extent the shape changes. Where the piercing is put now, will not be where it is later. For some people this means that the ears are pierced unevenly or in a spot that is far less than ideal. There can also be scarring issues to deal with. I personally got mine done for my six birthday. It was like a rite of passage into girl hood. It may sound silly but I felt very special. Just think about it.
    Quayla

Answer by Quayla at 5:21 AM on Jul. 2, 2008

• This is such a ghetto thing to do. Please don't do it and let HIM make his choice as a teen. I just get so turned off by baby boys with thier ears pierced.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:26 AM on Jul. 2, 2008

• Usually Dr.s Recommend that you wait until he is at least 12 months old since most peircing pagodas in the mall cannot by try to sterilize their guns efficently as needed for a baby...and the earring itself should be surgical stainless steel or at least 14K Gold..
    AbbysMom059

Answer by AbbysMom059 at 8:11 AM on Jul. 2, 2008

• I agree that you should let him make his choice when he is older. I used to work at Piercing Pagoda and all the ladies I used to work with want to piece my daughters ears, but I am going to let her decide that when she gets older. If you choose to do it, go hang out and watch how the stores you are considering handle babies and go someplace you see is clean and handles babies well.
    haberdasher

Answer by haberdasher at 8:11 AM on Jul. 2, 2008

• I would wait and let him decide, but if you're just going to do it anyways, I'd talk to the doctor first. Most will do it in the office.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 8:17 AM on Jul. 2, 2008

• Boy should not have their ears pierced at any age. Especially not little boys.
    Gotoyourmoms

Answer by Gotoyourmoms at 8:18 AM on Jul. 2, 2008

• I know that our doctor pierces babies ears too and that would be the safest venue. However unless it's a cultural or religious thing I would recommend waiting as well. I waiting with both my girls until they asked me for them. My oldest asked me at 5 to get her ears pierced while my other daughter now 8 has absolutely no desire to have her ears pierced.
    aimhighschool

Answer by aimhighschool at 9:11 AM on Jul. 2, 2008

• Yeah they are his ear's but u are the mother and if u want them done then get them done my baby girl was 3 1/2 months when i was at work and my daddy went and took my little girl and got her'd done just put the med that they give u. I got her's done at Wal-mart.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:26 AM on Jul. 2, 2008