Friday night... Is it really any different

It's friday... when you're a mom, friday doesn't make a difference. It's acutally somewhat worse because you know your kid(s) are gonna wake up earlier than usually, in turn wake you up and keep you running all day long. ... how would you spend your friday night if you had a sitter or no kids at all......

VanessaMomof2

Asked by VanessaMomof2 at 4:32 PM on Sep. 24, 2010 in General Parenting

• Well, I am a mom and LOVE fridays.. I work outside the home, which may be what you are referring to as different than a sahm - but we look forward to playing with clay or trains and making apples or strawberries or a smoothy with our son and watching his favorite cartoon and then once he is in bed at 9 me and my husband get to spend time together as our date.. I love them.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:36 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Fridays are no different for me except this week we get my niece for the weekend. She will arrive about 30 min before bedtime and she and I will read a story and both kids are off the bed. They will be up early and want waffles for breakfast.
    coala

Answer by coala at 4:38 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Friday is just another day, as far as Friday night is concerned. And I too work outside the home. Friday day is good cause I am looking forward to 2 days off work.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 4:39 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I like Fridays as a mom because my kids have no homework and I can look forward to 2 days with my hubby home. Since our oldest is 13 he frequently watches our other 2 boys so we can see a movie as well.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 4:40 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I am with Maxsmom - I work all week too and live for Fridays because I know that I get to spend all day Saturday and Sunday with my PeeWee:) Oh look only 20 mins until I go pick her up!
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 4:40 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I LOVE fridays! Im a SAHM to a 3yo. My DH does not work Fridays so we get extra long weekends.. Its our day to get out & do things while mostly everyone else is at work.. We get up early dh gets errands done. I clean house (or lucky me-he helps me clean!) And we get out & go to the zoo. park. museum. . or whatever... Great day without all the rush like on sat/sun.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 6:08 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• My kids are older and it does get better. Sometimes I even get to wake up before they do. And then I wake them up because I feel like eating breakfast. But mostly my 12 yr old is lying on the couch reading, the 5 yr old is playing in his room and the 10 yr sleeps like the dead until 10 or when her bff calls.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 11:19 PM on Sep. 24, 2010