Strange breathing sounds....

Okay so I had my baby boy on Sept 13 and they had to do CPR on him for 3 minutes. The doc warned me about that because I was diabetic during my pregnancy and he said a lot of babies born to diabetic mothers crash when the come out. Plus I had a c-section a week before my due date. He was monitored in the nursery for 24 hours because his respiratory was low. They finally decided that he was doing well and allowed him to come into our room with us at the hospital. Finally we brought him home and every once and a while he makes these strange squeaking sounds that sorta sound like hes gasping for air. He is normal in color and he doesn't appear to be struggling for air, but should I be concerned? Maybe I just still have the fear from them needing to do CPR. Am I stupid for being worried?

Becca1189

Asked by Becca1189 at 4:33 PM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Kids' Health

• If you're even a tiny bit worried, call your pediatrician. Better safe....always :)
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 6:44 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I would call your pediatrician and let them know you are concerned. I have a child with asthma and breathing issues can be very scary. Use your mommy instinct and if you ever suspect that there is somehting wrong take him in right away. That being said, check the whole baby, if he doesnt seem to have labored breathing (gasps, chest caving when he takes a breath), his skin tone is good, and he is eating and acting healthy sometimes babies just make noises.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 5:45 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• They say if you suspect that your child is having problems breathing to bring them in either way, better safe than sorry. I wouldnt risk it, just take him to the doc and explain your concerns.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:39 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• With something this important- better safe then sorry. At the very least call your Pedi's office and see if they have a help line and can talk to you about it before bringing baby in. If you can't reach them, don't hesitate to bring him.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 2:35 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• It's worth a call to the doc, and I like to recommend taping the action because they never repeat it when in the doc's office!
    Radarma

Answer by Radarma at 12:09 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• No...you are not stupid for being worried...did they send you home without a monitoring device??? I would call your doctor.....TRUST YOUR GUT!!!! If you think something is wrong..it probably is!!! Anyone's color can seem fine one minute then crash....oxygen levels are tricky! (A lesson I learn while caring for my grandmother...they told me she was fine then she crashed within an hour...her oxygen stats dropped drastically.) I would try to get your doctor to write a script so that you could get some type of monitoring device/call the hospital social worker where you had your baby and see if they can help you.
    Carey2006

Answer by Carey2006 at 1:48 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• it's best to talk this over with your pediatrician, they can determine if there is reason to be concerned or not.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:32 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• No, call the doc! Yo uwill be calling there a lot & they expect that-us mommies always worry!
    NicolesMommy

Answer by NicolesMommy at 1:55 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I'd be calling the Dr.
    mp3mom

Answer by mp3mom at 1:04 AM on Sep. 29, 2010