Just not into sex anymore... adult content

My fiancée and I have been together for almost 2 years. We have a 13 month old and a 2 week old. We haven't had sex in almost 5 months. I'm just never in the mood anymore, and I can tell that it sometimes bothers him. He works 12 hour days, so he gets home late in the evening and I've been changing diapers and cleaning, so I don't smell the best, and he works in a hospital delivering food, so he doesn't smell the best. I also have a lot of weight gain still from being pregnant, and that doesn't make me feel attractive at all. I'm just wondering will we ever be able to have sex again, will I ever "get in the mood". We are so in love, and we show it in other ways other the sex, but it would be nice every once and a while. Help!!

Becca1189

Asked by Becca1189 at 4:38 PM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• All I can say, is that you are normal. The more sex you have the more sex you will want, so do it anyway sometimes.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 4:41 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Get a sitter on one of his days off, Go out to dinner or make one at home.... Buy something that makes you feel sexy (an outfit, perfume, or lingerie) take a shower, do your hair and makeup and just spend a nice night together... He obviously loves you and you are the most beautiful thing in his eyes, so relax and just enjoy... GL Momma
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 4:42 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• That's a normal feeling at the end of the day especiallyif everyone is tired. If you can try and have date night once in a while. I know with weight we don't find ourselves attractive but they do so try & not let it bother you. Maybe put the baby to bed early enough that you can be all fresh for him one night and surprise him get a bottle of wine and some cheese and crackers or chocolate covered strawberries and have a little candle light going. The more you do it the better it will come again
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 5:07 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• That's perfectly normal... I mean, a 13 month old and a newborn, you must be EXHAUSTED! After I had my son, it took a good year and a half for my sex drive to come back. Honestly, as long as you're honest with him, and show him you love him in other ways, I'm sure he'll be understanding. And dancinintherain has a point too, even if you don't feel like it, make an effort every now and then... Once you get started, you might find you actually enjoy it!
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 5:14 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• You have a 2 week old, you still have a few more weeks before you even need to worry about sex anyway. I would suggest, when the time comes, getting a sitter, get all dolled up but don't pressure yourself or him. If it happens it happens.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 5:35 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Put yourself on a schedule, shower before he gets home, exercise while the baby naps, then put on some sexy lingerie before he gets home & greet him at the door.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 10:13 PM on Sep. 24, 2010