At what age do babies tend to have their "real eye/hair" color??

Soo my husband is from Pakistan..Typical black hair, light brown eyes, tan skin...I am white...as white as white gets, lol..Natural red head(born with ORANGE went to a brownish/copper when i was 14-15) and I have eyes that change between blue and green...

Our first son had BLACK hair and super dark blue eyes when he was born..They went to a dark brown a week or so later...

I didnt think there was any chance of having a child with anything but black hair and brown eyes since thats what is normally dominant.

Then out pops my blue eyed light brown haired baby...And he has red in his hair! I am amazed! I think the hair will get a little darker as he gets older but I dont think it will be black..His eyes are still blue..and they look green sometimes...Im not sure if they will stay...Hes 3 weeks and 1 day old..What do you guys think??

tiger_tatted1

Asked by tiger_tatted1 at 4:39 PM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• hair color can change throughout life, but red is a rare but dominant gene. eyes are usually permanent by 9 months
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 4:41 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• My DH and I have hazel eyes his more brown mine more green, He has reddish brown hair I have brown hair. Out DD is blond and has BRIGHT blue eys. She is almost 3. Hair color can change any time. eye color is typically set by 1-2 years of age.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:41 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I have brown eyes. Hubby has clear blue. My youngest had brown hair and blue eyes for the first few months. Then his eyes turned brownish-gold. My middle son had bright blond hair and blue eyes for the first 2 years. Now he has green eyes and brown hair. My oldest had brown hair and blue/green eyes and still does at age 13. So you never know.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 4:43 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• My SO is light skinned black, I am white but not super white, I have blue eyes and dirty blonde hair ( I dye it dark tho lol)
    Our son was born with black hair ( the little hair he had haha) now it is a dirty blonde it changed at about 9 months, his eyes are brown like his dads and have been since he was born...
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 4:49 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I've always heard that eye color is permanant at around a year old.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 4:53 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• My son and daughter were born with the same eye and hair color
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:58 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Hair color continues to change into adult hood.  My brother had bright blond curls when he was a kid.  Now, at 31, it's a reddish brown color.  My hair was light brown as a baby and is now dark brown.

My older 2 kids were born with blond hair and both now have light brown hair.

As for eye color...my son had bright blue eyes until he was 5 and then they changed to green.  Basically over night.  I was a little surprised to notice he had green eyes one day.  My 4yo dd still has blue eyes.  Hubby has hazel and mine are brown.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 6:34 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• my DD eyes started out light brown with green in them and now they are changing to brown. will they eep changing or will they set after they changed once? ihope they go back to green!!
    hotmommy420

Answer by hotmommy420 at 9:14 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• My DH is olive skinned with hazel eyes. I'm white with blue-green eyes. We have 3 kiddos. The boys have light eyes. they were gray at birth. One with green eyes, which at nearly 13, seem to be going hazel. The other has blue-green eyes like me. DD has chocolate brown eyes and they were like that from birth.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 11:15 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Eyes can change a lot later than 9 months, actually. I wouldn't have believed it except it happened to DH, to DD#1 and I think now to DD#2. In DH and DD, they had blue eyes up 'til around 2. I obviously wasn't around for hubby, but I watched my dd's eyes go from a gorgeous blue to awesome green to a lovely medium brown. MIL says that DH's eyes did that too. Now, dd#2 has eyes that are shifting slowly from blue to gray with hints of green and teeeeeeny hints of brown. She's 2 and a few months, so not sure what she'll end up with. Gotta love genetics.
    MonicaE521

Answer by MonicaE521 at 2:42 AM on Sep. 25, 2010