help! He's hlding it at preschool! What can I do?

holding it, preschool

mommyofone740

Asked by mommyofone740 at 4:43 PM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• holding what??????????
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 4:44 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• His pee, I assume.

I don't know. Mine can hold his for a long time, but he does go when he needs to.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 4:47 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• the potty, he's not going potty
    mommyofone740

Comment by mommyofone740 (original poster) at 4:47 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Holding pp or poopoo.you need to take him the doctor ormaybe the restroom are not clean.I know my baby will not step into a nasty bathroom
    ayneka

Answer by ayneka at 5:59 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Is it causing him any problems?
    If its poop.. Im with him! LOL.. I do not poop in public if I can help it at all.. Always been that way..
    Why dont you ask him why.. and see if you can help whatever is going on in his mind..
    May be dirty bathroom, may have fear of not being able to button pants, maybe for some odd reason he is embarrased to say he needs to go (teach him to say " I need to go to the restroom" so he will know how to properly ask).. The toilet maybe loud & scare him.. or he may be afraid someone will walk in on him.
    Never know whats going on in their head.. but you just have to ask :)
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 6:12 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Have you asked him why? Maybe he is just getting to entranced with all the play and "forgetting" to go. Have you spoken to the teacher? Maybe ask her if she can help you out and have her start taking him? I know that's what the one aid has to do with my son, but he is Autistic, so it's a little different.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 7:05 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Is he having accidents? My DD will hold her pee too. I make sure to remind her to go. Do the teachers have a potty break? Are they reminding him to go? Sometimes I simply have to say "get on the potty." I won't ask, I'll just tell, and sure enough, she'll pee.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 6:44 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• speak with the teacher and ask her to take him to the potty at least twice while he's there. Other than that, I got nothin'.....but if it's not hurting him, I wouldn't worry too awful much.
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 6:45 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• How long is his preschool?
    Radarma

Answer by Radarma at 7:07 PM on Sep. 25, 2010