Is she old enough?

I have a 13 month old daughter who is very spirited. She can't walk yet, although she tries. My question is... is it too early to bring her trick-or-treating? My mom says it's to early. My daughter has 8 teeth and can eat a chocolate bar, but is it too early for trick-or-treating?

Becca1189

Asked by Becca1189 at 4:47 PM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Holidays

• I would take her. It's not about the candy, it's about having fun, at least that's how it always been for me.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:48 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Of course you can take her! It's fun! I took my then 14 month old out for Halloween last year, and he had a ball! He really didn't even care about the candy... I let him have a little bit, and ate the rest. Win-win for me!
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 4:50 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I would take her, just bring the stroller.
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 4:51 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• We took our kids before they could walk. Just carry her. She'll have fun holding out her candy bag and seeing all the other kids!
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 4:49 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Agree that it is about the fun. She doesn't even have to know it is about candy. Enjoy!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:13 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• i know people who take infants!!! (they eat the candy themselves lol) but i would take her why not?
    pinkdena

Answer by pinkdena at 4:49 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• If she were my only child, I dont think I would take her alone. But if you have older children or other kids to go with I would definately take her..

We took my little brother who wasnt a year old yet and he had a blast...We had a million kids with us too though..Lol..

Good Luck!
    tiger_tatted1

Answer by tiger_tatted1 at 4:50 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I took my 3 month old last year :)
    AWebber212

Answer by AWebber212 at 4:53 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• That's what I thought too. My mom told me that she was made fun of because I wasn't old enough to eat the candy when they took me. I don't even care about the candy, I just want to have fun with my family. I have a 2 week old too that we will probably dress up and bundle up in the stroller!
    Becca1189

Comment by Becca1189 (original poster) at 4:51 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• we usually give out candy at least until the child is old enough to walk, but i don't see any harm in it. I would rather see babies dressed up with parents...then teenagers with book bags
    wildwiccan83

Answer by wildwiccan83 at 5:02 PM on Sep. 24, 2010