Laugh or more punishment?

Soo...My SS(10yo) forgot his math book today...For like the 6th time. I told him no tv since he keeps forgetting it...

So my 5 yr old goes down stairs with my SS and im realizing thats its waaay too quiet..I go downstairs to find them watching Spongebob on my SS PSP...

I told him no tv meant no watching tv episodes on his PSP too...

I didnt give him more punishment for being a smart ass and trying to get away with "watching tv" but what would you have done??

tiger_tatted1

Asked by tiger_tatted1 at 4:48 PM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• I meant go to your room and laugh then give out new punishment.
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 12:11 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Next time you need to be a little more specific with the punishment. I would say no t.v, no psp, no video games or electronics of any sort including the computer. With kids you have to super specific or they will get you on a technicality that will only make you want to scream or laugh b/c they are so creative.
    coala

Answer by coala at 5:00 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I would have taken his PSP away.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:49 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Taken away the PSP.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 4:50 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Yep, PSP would have been gone then too.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:50 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Now no TV and PSP to boot for a week.  Take him to the library to get some books to read for his entertainment. 

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 6:49 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I would be specific, yes, and say no x,y,z. But also, Just a thought here, my sd11 used to forget stuff all the time and one day on the way to school we told her "Too bad". Harsh lesson to learn but there comes a time when a certain level of personal responsibility is necessary. If he forgets his book he will probably earn an incomplete which will reflect in his grade. Explain to him that his "job" right now is school. He needs to do his best and y'all aren't going to beef up his performance by covering his tracks. It's one thing to help with homework or projects When Kids Ask. It's another to powder their butts hoping you will earn them good grades. After we backed off with sd, her grades went way up. We are here to help answer questions but never, ever to do it for her.
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 10:38 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I would take the PSP away, too. He was being sneaky, and he should be punished IMO.
    momof3josephs

Answer by momof3josephs at 10:58 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Laughin in your room then punishment. I agree with library suggestion.
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 12:10 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• bye bye PSP of course it would have been gone along with tv in the first place.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 6:56 AM on Sep. 25, 2010