Needs some ideas for the patio door screen

Our patio screen door is all busted out from the grandkids pushing on it now the dogs have pushed right through it also. My dh wants to put plexi glass at the bottom to which i think would look tacky I don't think putting a screen back in it would help as the kids just push through it again but I don't want something tacky either. Any suggestions?

Moms_Angels1960

Asked by Moms_Angels1960 at 4:53 PM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I would get a new door that isn't doesn't have screen or that has screen that can be covered with glass. Kind of like storm windows.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 5:00 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I have seen a screen plus a wrought iron or heavy plastic grill work cover. Maybe something like this would work Home Depot or Loews might have options.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:01 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• My cousin put his arm through a door that had glass on it. Plexiglass is better option than glass
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:03 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• i want to be able to open the patio door that's why I want some kind of screen let the fresh air in
    Moms_Angels1960

Comment by Moms_Angels1960 (original poster) at 5:08 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I would go to home depot or Lowes to check out the variety of ideas
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:37 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Best item I EVER bought is this little gem...it's a split screen on a tension rod that fits in the opening for your screen door. You walk right through, and magnet closure closes right behind you!! The sides are fastened by velcro strips. In the winter, you just pull down the tension rod until next season!

http://www.improvementscatalog.com/product/instant-screen-door.do

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 11:03 PM on Sep. 24, 2010