Is there a place for my kids to go??

I am a single mother (kids ages 10 and 7) of two the recieves no child support. Everything is so expensive it is getting hard to care for them properly, is there a place that will take them in? If they go will I ever see them again?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:00 PM on Sep. 24, 2010 in General Parenting

• You can hand them over to the state but it will be very hard to get them back. Do you have any family that may be willing to help you?
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:02 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• op here---no, no one its just the three of us
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:06 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Wouldn't getting help be better than giving your kids away? There are so many food banks and clothing give aways. Contact the school and just be honest. They will help you find help.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 5:06 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Ask your kids if they would rather be with you poor or away from you forever.
    Most kids would choose to stay with Mom, unless you are really an unfit mother.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 5:08 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Contact your state/city offices to ask about aid in your area. Plus churches that might help out.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:08 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• It can be really tough. I understand financial problems, I've been struggling with them myself since my husband's death. But it can be done. You didn't give much information - are you working? do you have any income? do you know how to budget? have you checked into area programs for discounted child care? food banks? clothing closets? afterschool programs?
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 5:11 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• do not give your children up this is the worst you can do for them at this age. Call shelters, salvation armys,churches there are so many resources out there as well as public assitance dont take the easy way out. work a little harder,sell things, do as many odd jobs as you can find. there are plenty of singel moms who do this everyday
    juansmommy

Answer by juansmommy at 5:11 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I work, public assistance said they cannot help me because I make too much, I have food, and I got school clothes but it is the winter boots and coats I can not find, I have looked everywhere, thrift stores, rummages sales, I am having problems paying all my bills, espically utilities, I got the rent covered,(I own my trailer house but I rent the lot) and my trailer house needs work, but if I sell the trailer I will not get subsudized housing, and apt rent is alot more. I sold everything I could to pay the utilities on time the past 4 or 5 months, there is nothing left, I am even collecting recyclables. I think the deserve more than what they are getting, and they would be happier else where. I feel like I am failing them.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:31 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• *huga* mama i know you feel they deserve better as do YOU! things will look up, i think your soultion is more emtional than logical, you'll get through this dont give up those precious babies!
    juansmommy

Answer by juansmommy at 8:59 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I have a 10 and 7 year old and I can not imagine giving them up for anything and I know that, given the choice, they would rather stay with me and be poor than go somewhere else, even temporarily. Don't do that to them or to yourself. I know it is hard. At our school they have a thing called "coats for kids". Check with your county, churches, heck even Craigs' List. There is also a site called Freecycle.com. There are tons of them all over the country - all you have to do is go to their site and find one that is in your area. People post things that they need AND things that they want to give away. It is all free - NO money is allowed to change hands. Go there and post that you need winter stuff...there is probably a parent willing to give away their kids' things. There are lots of resources out there - you just gotta ask the right questions. This was a good place to start but DON'T GIVE UP YOUR CHILDREN!!
    mama2000_1

Answer by mama2000_1 at 1:32 AM on Sep. 25, 2010