What do you think of Colbert tesifying before Congress?

Stephen Colbert Takes On Congress, Sarcastically Argues for Farm Workers

When asked if the comedian's testimony was appropriate~"Of course I think it's appropriate," Nancy Pelsoi said. "He's an American. He can bring attention to an important issue. I think it's great."

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 5:11 PM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I know comedy is his business, but if he was serious about the issue, he should have approached it a bit more seriously
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 5:13 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I find him very funny but I thought it was the wrong place for his humor. If things were going better in the country might not be a big deal. The fact so many are struggling and have serious things going on it was a bit indulgent on the Dems part to have him speak.

tabekat

Answer by tabekat at 6:10 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• It makes me wonder if our congress takes lunch breaks with union workers from Ford. Seriously? A comedian testifying and in character no less. Wouldn't that be perjury?

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:17 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I think they were looking for free entertainment. Next thing you know they will have Beyonce testify, only in a melodious way. Just when I think they can't get more asinine, they run of and do something even more stupid than the thing that made me think it in the first place. WTF is wrong with congress?

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:19 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Stephen Colbert is actually a very well educated person. The fact that he chose to testify "in character", so to speak, doesn't take away from that. However, his remarks were different from the prepared testimony he submitted, so you can't blame the Democrats for that. It's really not all that unusual to use a celebrity to draw attention to a certain subject.

I LOVE Stephen Colbert, personally, and I thought it was funny.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 5:24 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Well, considering our sitting Congress is a JOKE to begin with, I think it is absolutely fitting.

They were not elected for nor being paid to be ENTERAINED. I think it along with the approving Moms on here are simply more proof of the general decline of the country.

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 7:24 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• The AP report I read this morning made him look foolish and mocking the congressional process.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 10:43 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• ok does anyone realize that Stephen Colbert is playing a character...it's an act, a brilliant act. he speaks ironically and it's comedy at its finest
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 5:27 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• run *out*

Oh, and Elmo testifying in front of congress is equally as stupid. 

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:29 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I'm sorry, I'm kind of pissed about it. I just got a note from Senator Casey that they "didn't have adequate time to debate the defense bill." I'll copy and paste it if you want. I'm sorry, but you didn't have adequate time to debate the extras in the bill, but you've got time to listen to a comedian... Not one being serious, but one showing up as an actor?

Bite me.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 8:34 PM on Sep. 24, 2010