baby poop lol

alright mommies this is weird because I should know this. Ok my 1 month olds poop is thick and green. I had to start using formula because my milk dried up. It was the normal breast feeding poop that yellow seedy stuff. Is the green poop normal? It's not watery or anything. It's like pudding or frosting consistency. I am also using Enfamil Gentlelease per his pediatrician because he is very gassy.

travisnowensmom

Asked by travisnowensmom at 5:31 PM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yes formula poop is green, it's a healthy poop
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 5:32 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Ever heard of baby poop green? That's what people are talking about.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 5:32 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• yes I have heard of baby poop green hahaha. I figured it was normal but just checking. I dont remember that with my first but that was 4 years ago. I've gotten used to normal poop haha.
    travisnowensmom

Comment by travisnowensmom (original poster) at 5:35 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I've heard that all colors except red and black are normal.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 5:43 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• You're milk just doesn't dry up out of the blue, if you established a supply, it should follow demand. Come over to the breastfeeding moms group if you want some help to figure out what happened and how to fix it! :)
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 6:00 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Yes, my sons around the same age and his is like that. I was worried too and asked his doctor who said as long as it has consistency then there shouldnt be anything to worry about :)
    BraythansMom

Answer by BraythansMom at 6:11 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I agree with Leanne that milk usually doesn't just dry up out of nowhere, and if you'd like help getting back to breast, there are plenty of us here who can help, and especially in the Breastfeeding Moms group. Screw whoever gave Leanne a thumbs down, for just offering help. OP, if you'd LIKE help getting back to breast, awesome. If not, disregard this.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 6:57 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Yep. Totally fine. Red is the only color to worry about, none or liquid for a couple of days the only variety to worry about.
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 4:13 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• just wanted to let you some PP know that yes you're milk can dry up. I had estbalished a good routine but I stopped making milk. I would skip a feeding, I would feel full and only produce 1oz out of each breast when my DS is already at 5 weeks eating 6-8oz at a time. I saw a woman that specializes in lactation at my OB's office and she confirmed it. I am still producing a little milk but not enough. I maybe get an ounce a day now. I am still trying to nurse and also pumping with no luck. I am also using everything in the book, fenugreek, oatmeal, mothers milk tea...nothin. sometimes that just happens. My mother, grandmother and great grandmother did the same thing.
    travisnowensmom

Comment by travisnowensmom (original poster) at 9:33 PM on Sep. 25, 2010