Who qualifies for food stamps?Can only children under 6 be served?How many times can you use food stamps?

I need information in California.Alot of people use food stamps here.So I'm wondering if it's for mothers with infants and under 5 yrs. or it doesn't matter how old your kid is?We had food stamps for several years then couldn't get them,because our income went up.Now we are going to reapply,wondering if that is o.k.?

countingsparows

Asked by countingsparows at 10:50 PM on Oct. 20, 2008 in Food & Drink

• SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 11:04 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Does anyone know how many times,someone can get food stamps?
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 11:15 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• You usually get them once a month. According to your income, and the age of your children. I think if you have a kid over 17 1/2 that they dont qualify. That's how it goes for my family.. But of course we live in NC. I'm sure it's just about the same where you are too tho.
    3Smiths

Answer by 3Smiths at 12:29 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• u can be on and off welfare all your life....it doesnt have a limit....unless your kids are over 17, and if you make alot of cash
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 9:45 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• in iowa its a lil different... my BIL lives with us and we get food stamps for him he is over 18 we just dont get cash assistance for him... and food stamps if u screw up on not telling them income ect.. u can lose them up to 6 months 1st offence of good 2nd offence!!
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 11:05 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Not to be mean - but it is really that much easier for people to type a question here rather than just typing it into google??

http://www.foodstampguide.org/?page_id=47

All I typed in was "California + Food Stamp" and it came right up -- and no sorry I'm not reading the site for you - however everything you need to know from who's eligible to how to apply...

Anonymous