Potty Training in Older Children

My son is 6 and he is still having issues with the #2. He says he can't control it. Any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:55 PM on Oct. 20, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• http://kidshealth.org/parent/general/sick/encopresis.html

I posted this to another Mom earlier today. It's not uncommon for this to happen, especially in boys. It can be helped. If this sounds like what's going on with your son, speak with his doctor. I would speak with his doctor no matter what though. Good-luck!
    Anonymous

• My son is going to be 6 in February and he still doesn't poop in the big potty. He does peep in the big potty. But when he has to go poop he goes in the small potty. Unless we are out and he can;t hold it in anymore. So if you come up with any ideas please let me know? Good Luck With Your Son!
    rosie823

Answer by rosie823 at 11:19 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• My 8 year old won't do number 2 in the toilet, he finally does number 1 in there it's making me crazy. His doctor said we will put him on a stool softener and he won't be able not to go, guess what he waited 2 days and then went in his pants all day long couldn't even go to school that day, so that doesn't work, he has Autism and his doctor treats it like a behavior problem I have got to find a new doctor. Hope someone can help you with this cause I can't seem to get it right myself. I just don't know what to do other than diapers at home.
    Helenq

Answer by Helenq at 7:15 AM on Oct. 21, 2008