What to do about a bully?

My friends little boy is four years old, and has started Pre K4 this year. He is attending the same school his two brothers attend they are 9 and 7. Anyway this little boy was very excited about school even enjoying it until some other kids age 7/8 started to name call and such things like, his mother wasnt really his mom. It has not let up and it has now turned into them tripping him and pulling his pants down, which by the way his mother witnessed from a distance and it happend in front of principal. When mother confronted the principal as to why there were no consequences she was more interested as to why the mother was watching. This is not the first discussion between mom and principal either. The principal has done nothing but makes excuses for this behavior, saying things like this is what kids do an tell your four year old to call names back. school board has been called but no return call yet. What would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:43 PM on Sep. 24, 2010 in General Parenting

• Also this little guy has a learning disability which is why I think he has been targeted. He now wants nothing to do with school.
    godsproperty07

Answer by godsproperty07 at 5:48 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• RUFKM?! There is to be anti-bullying policies at all schools now? If I was that mother, I'd be threatening to yank all of my kids out of there! Schools hate to lose their funding which happens w/ ea. child that leaves! Or they could be facing total embarassment if the mother contacts local TV stations & Newspapers about how they handle bullying. Lastly, threaten legal action- they hate that too! That principal needs to go!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 5:49 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Tell her to go HIGHER and make a HUGE fuss, this is UNACCEPTABLE! She should call that school, Superintendent, school board, administration office, etc... EVERY day until they start listening to her. Oh yeah, and tell her to throw in law suit, or filing charges and see how fast they resolve this issue. Wow, I'm really pissed about this situation! A 4 yr old should not in any way be treated this way, pulling his pants down alone is grounds for the law to enter the picture!

shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 5:49 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Yes, what mrsmom110 said too, get the media involved, they love these kind of stories. Tell your friend to write every instance, conversation, etc... she has had, seen or heard so she doesn't forget any of it and take action immediately. Poor baby:(
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 5:51 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Thanks for the support and advice ladies, much appreciated!! I will have mom read comments!!!
    godsproperty07

Answer by godsproperty07 at 5:56 PM on Sep. 24, 2010