Anyone who has had more than 3 c-sections, I want to know how it went...

I have had three and I might want to have a fourth someday. I'm just not sure it is wise. I'd love to hear other moms' experiences.

Hazelnutkin

Asked by Hazelnutkin at 5:46 PM on Sep. 24, 2010 in General Parenting

• I had 4. I had one in 1996, 2001, 2005, 2007. Every other one was reopened and now I am a mess of adhesions and scar tissue. The last one hurt less though. If you had uncomplicated c-sections, a fourth one won't be that big of a deal if it is spaced out. However, just know you are at risk for developing things like placenta accreta where the placenta grows outside the uterus.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:01 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I Have had 4. With my 4th, my cervix or whatever was very thin and I was told that if I had gone into labor that I would have ended up with a hysterectomy. It caused my daughter to inhale a lot of fluids as well and she spent the first day in nicu. I was advised that it was a good thing I had planned on getting my tubes tied. Everyone is different though so the best thing would be to talk with your Doctor and make sure you would do o.k having another baby.
    luvmy4kidsinAL

Answer by luvmy4kidsinAL at 6:23 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I just had my 5th in July (June 2000, Oct 2001, Nov 2002, April 2006 and July 2010).  My 4th one was the worst recovery.  Ended up with a uterine infection and was in pain for months.  Sucked big time so I was a little worried when I got pregnant the 5th time.  Ended up miscarrying that one at 12 weeks.  But was pregnant again later that year and the pregnancy went just fine.  In fact it was my easiest of all of them.  The surgery was a breeze (went really fast and easy) and recover was pretty good, too.  Only set back was my doctor accidentally opening my incision when she took the staples out (oops) and I had some issues with my pain killers not being strong enough so the first weekend home sucked but I survived and felt like myself by the end of the 2nd week.  We were moving so I was packing and carrying stuff and everything.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 6:27 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Eep. I've had one. Thanks for freaking me out on the idea of more, guys. ;)
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 7:07 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Sorry coder chick. Anyone else?
    Hazelnutkin

Comment by Hazelnutkin (original poster) at 8:23 AM on Sep. 25, 2010