Has anyone ever had an anesthegiologist mess up on their spinal or epidural?

Pertaining to c sections

momma_alie20

Asked by momma_alie20 at 5:48 PM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had a screw up twice on my epis. But I did vaginal deliveries and felt every contraction and every push. My midwives even told me after the fact that the epis failed.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:49 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• When I was having my twins I had to have an epidural in case I needed an emergency c-section, however, my drip bag ran out and the nurse called for the anesthesiologist but he didn't get there until I already had twin a, and twin b was on her way feet first, so I am not sure what have happened if they would have needed to do the c-section, but twin b did not give them a chance to even look at her position after twin a was born. Twin b was born 2 minutes after twin a.

sheloveearth

Answer by sheloveearth at 5:55 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I delivered vaginally, but yes, I would say so. I had 3 epidurals. First one was fine, it lasted for about 4 hours, then wore off. I got the 2nd one and it never took effect. I could feel every contraction and it hurt like a mofo. I had to wait another 4 hours before I could have another one. By that point, I was almost insisting on a c-section because I was terrified of the next epidural not working and going through several more hours of labor like that. However just as that 3rd one was going in, my son was crowning, so no c-section for me (thank goodness) and thankfully that one worked just fine. I was so relieved!
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 5:55 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I've had 2 epidurals, no c-sections. and No, neither time did I have any issues.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:56 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Yes. With my daughter the guy had to stick me three times and each time I felt a pain shoot down my leg. He was supposedly the best in the hospital. If that was the best I would hate to see the worst!! However, I've never felt anything while the actual c-section was being performed.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 5:57 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I've had 3 c-sections, 1 epidural that didnt work properly and they knocked me out and a spinal that went perfectly well
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 7:28 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• i had 5 c sections 1 put to sleep 2 epis & 2 spinals only prob i still have is if my back cracks just right i feel tingly in my hips n upperbuttocks
    hiswifey0725

Answer by hiswifey0725 at 1:23 AM on Sep. 25, 2010