If you had to choose between a wonderful husband and your family due to the fact that they dont get along

joanne315

Asked by joanne315 at 10:56 PM on Oct. 20, 2008 in Relationships

• husband.

my husband understands me where as my family does not.
    Anonymous

• I've almost had to deal with that, and it's not an easy thing to face. However, I made a lifelong commitment to my husband, I love and adore him with all my heart, there's no way I'd leave him over issues my family has with him! If you need to talk, feel free to send me a message!
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 10:59 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• I had to actually do this, it is a long story but I choose my dh and I no longer talk to my family.
    mommygirls2

Answer by mommygirls2 at 11:16 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• I've never been in this situation per say, but if I were, I would absolutely choose my DH bc my family (meaning my mother mainly) has done & said somethings that it's taken me almost 2 yrs. of counseling (&still working on it) 2 get past & my DH has been in my corner from day 1 & knows everything about my past & I MEAN EVERYTHING & is still here!
    LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 11:37 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• It depends on who is right I guess. In my situation, my mom was WAY over the top rude to my dh. She wouldn't stop despite my begging her, threats, talking to her, you name it. I stopped talking to my mom for awhile. She didn't even come to the hospital when my son was born. It was bad. I guess over time, she missed me enough to try and be civilized. She and my dh don't get along great, but they tolerate each other. I would never isolate my family if it was my dh that was the asshole. He just wouldn't be going to family functions.
    cdgoldilocks

Answer by cdgoldilocks at 12:30 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• My family, if he doesn't like it than we should'nt be together. I'm sure he would'nt like to be put on the stop of choosing family or wife.
    2precious2

Answer by 2precious2 at 12:31 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• FAMILY IS SACRED..MEN COULD COME AND GO BUT THE FAM WILL ALWAY'S BE THERE..
    2precious2

Answer by 2precious2 at 12:32 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I think it depends on the situation and who is right or wrong. Nine times out of ten, your family will always be there, and they were there long before your dh came along. Family is blood... I still think it depends on the situation though.
    mom2bsoon2

Answer by mom2bsoon2 at 5:32 PM on Oct. 21, 2008