Food Stamps to be used for an adult birthday party?

My friend told me this today. She's having a huge birthday party for her husband, hall, dj, food, decorations, games, prizes. I already know she lied to get food stamps, didn't inform them that she is married. Her comment when I asked why she lied was that she's entitled. They both drive brand new Dodge SUV's take cruises, and then ask for help for christmas for the kids through Angel wish. Lately she brags about the good stuff she gets for free because she says she's entitled, and it's getting to me. I don't work the system, we live paycheck to paycheck, don't buy extras, drive a used car (just 1). Her husband got mad because she gave me ride home from work since my car is in the shop and she didn't get home earlier. He said to her, your friend needs to buy a new car like we did and don't depend on other people!!!! WTF it was one time, and unlike you I pay for my groceries, I don't depend on PA! UGH your thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:53 PM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• That person is obviously taking advantage of the system, and I think it's ridiculous... I'd probably report her, myself.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 5:56 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• My thought is I dont agree with it but it isn't any of my business. I personally wouldn't want a friend like that. If you know she's abusing the system, report her.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:57 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Wow. I'm struggling to support my family of 3 on my measly less than $650 bi-weekly paycheck and I probably make too much for PA and this bitch and her slimeball of a husband drive new cars and milk the system? Must be nice.

Oh and we also have a 12 year old car (plus a 20 year old one, but it's currently not driveable).
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 5:59 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• This story made me so angry! She clearly doesn't know how to live within her means. PA is there for people who desperately need it and have no other options. I agree with others, I'd hate to do it, but she should really be reported. She's ruining it for other people.
    SabrinaBean

Answer by SabrinaBean at 6:02 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Report her. The Angel Wish scam they are pulling is really pissing me off. She is taking away from children that really don't get anything for Christmas, that is sad.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 6:04 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I'd report her !! There are other people in this country that need help. She's a scam artist.
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 6:08 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Report her and she would be an ex friend.
    tabekat

Answer by tabekat at 6:13 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• It’s truly an abuse of the system.

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 6:37 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• REPORT HER! How dare she. And people tell me I should not be on PA I don't even have a car or cell phone. NO jelery not married. i have NOTHING I could even sell to make money! Ugg new cars big bday party. My mom will be 50 in Feb and I want a big party for her but unless my cousin get a permit to use the hall in his complex I can't although i wish so bad I could give her a great party. Arg those people make me so mad!
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 6:37 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• eye rollingRelax ladies...you act like you're paying for the assistance personally (and yes, I know we all pay taxes - but you personally have no idea where your specific tax dollars are going - they could be going to a politician's salary - who is probably throwing posh parties too). Relax - you're going to bust a vein!

dinaca81

Answer by dinaca81 at 6:47 PM on Sep. 24, 2010