Have you made your own treats?

Our dogs are on a raw prey model diet, but I'd still like to make treats for them. I was planning to try to dehydrate some chicken pieces or something..

Even if you feed a different type of food to your dogs (or cats) have you ever made your own treats?

HeatherReneeB

Asked by HeatherReneeB at 6:04 PM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Pets

• I've made the kind that you make the dough, roll it out and use cookie cutters. You can get a book of dog treat recipes at any pet store.
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 6:05 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Yes :) And apparently they taste just as good as store bought because they gobbled them up lol... I made two different types, some with chicken and some with oatmeal.
    BraythansMom

Answer by BraythansMom at 6:06 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Yes I made the kind that you roll out and cut out with the doggie shaped cutter
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 6:07 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• oh yes, when i had my rotty i always made extra for her when i made dinner, and i did also make her peanut butter dog treats from scratch
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 6:20 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• no
    carol2m2

Answer by carol2m2 at 9:25 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• no but i want to try it sometime.
    TiggerMom

Answer by TiggerMom at 2:15 PM on Sep. 26, 2010