is timeshare sale final?

Husband purchased timeshare and did not sign Nevada public offering statement at time of sale. Forward one year later they are now sending Nv Public Offering Statement via fed ex, which is post dated for the date last year when he purchased, and they want him to sign now and send back. Does this mean sale is not final? They can not deed the timeshare in our name until he signs which leads me to believe it is not actaul sale is not final until he signs this document. Any one have any helpful information on this? And anyone looking to buy a timeshare. DON'T!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:13 PM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Money & Work

• Time Share's are a big Mistake, and what I consider a Scam on America... You never do this?... Have you paid your payment for a full year?.... -- I know Time Share's are Iron Clad, and you can't get out of them... -- (You could write them and tell them the contract is not binding, and you want the deal voided).... -- Then you could wait to see what you hear back.. -- If its serious enough, you'll get a legal letter from their lawyer... That would answer more questions for you..
    Kay300

Answer by Kay300 at 6:24 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Have you paid for it?
    I would call an attorney.
    It might be worth the expense.
    What does the form say?
    Did you buy it in Nevada?
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 6:45 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I'd take it to the Lawyer who deals with this. Or go google it for free advice?
    Prayerpartner

Answer by Prayerpartner at 5:10 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• If that is the only paper he didn't sign, it's still a legal contract. He still signed all of the mortgage papers, which are equally as ironclad as any other mortgage. They just can't issue the deed in his name without his signature on that paper, which is only hurting you because you are probably unable to use the timeshare since it isn't in his name. Now what I would look at is whether or not the state of NV has any laws that say that a person cannot buy into a timeshare without the knowledge of the other spouse.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 1:36 PM on Sep. 26, 2010