any one here dealing with theire hubbys being deployed

My husband left for our first deployment on Tuesday. We have two daughters, and are happily married..These past couple days since he left have been so hard for me and i cant seem to get out this rutt iam in, if youve been through it what did u do to take ur mind off of it? Im a SAHM right now..

DiandraBryant07

Asked by DiandraBryant07 at 6:31 PM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• I've been through 3. The first couple weeks are the hardest. Once you get yourself and your kids in a routine, it will get easier. Its normal to have a really rough time the first few days. Just give yourself time to adjust.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 7:51 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I agree... I have been through 3 myself. I always just find things to keep me and my daughter busy. If you don't have time to think about it, it will get easiter.. During the day, we were always doing something. On weekends, we went to the park, caught up friends I haven't had time for. Reconnect with family and friends. Take up a hobby. Do swim lessons for you and the kids. .I know this may sound crazy, but find out what some of the single moms do. Until this deployment you pretty much are doing everything as a single parent. See how other moms occupy their time and keeep their sanity.
    blackbudrfly

Answer by blackbudrfly at 8:13 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Stay busy. Stay busy. Stay busy.
    That's the best advice ever. What a lot of wives do is write letters, actual letters. So their hubby's don't miss things. You need to find out what things are offered where you guys are based. Here, they have deployed spouses dinners-or they did. Mine came home and the chaplain that hosted them left. IDK if someone else kept them up or not. But you should contact ACS to find out what resources are available. (like a certain amount of free childcare each month!) Get involved, volunteer on post.
    Stay away from drama and negative wives! They will NOT help you at all.
    Oh, here, they also have deployed spouses retreats, Strong Bonds retreats. IDK where you are. But look into things, call ACS, call your chaplain. Get involved with the FRG, even if it's just for the meetings to keep up with info.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 8:37 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• thankyou ladies i appreciate all teh great advicE!:-) <3
    DiandraBryant07

Comment by DiandraBryant07 (original poster) at 1:42 PM on Sep. 28, 2010