stolen lunchbox

grrr bit annoyed I sent my daughter off to school yesterday with her lunchbox and when I collected her she was upset cos she was so hungry and mad cos I never gave her a lunch ( I did) big search at home in case mommy brain hadnt but nope lunch box made it to school just not to my daughter. I said it to her teacher today and she hadnt seen it but confirmed my daughter had no lunch.. Teacher had no idea where or what happened to it. whats bugging me though is what happend to it and will it happen again.. It had her name on it.. rant over just bit upset cos my 4 year old hadnt ate in almost 6 hrs and the school didnt even care.. Just hope its a once off.

DawnLauren

Asked by DawnLauren at 6:32 PM on Sep. 24, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I would have someone's head on a platter, if my child had to go without lunch!!!!!!!!!!
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 6:36 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I know right completly sucks.. I went mental at the teacher. Like my daughter is soooo honest and I grilled her bout it but she'd no clue. WTF who steals a lunch box. She'd some fruit and cheesestring for a snack but that was it.. It so better not happen again..
    DawnLauren

Comment by DawnLauren (original poster) at 6:40 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• um my son's school will provide a PB&J and 1 side and milk to a kid with no lunch. I would be in the principal's office! If NOTHING else I should have been called wen it was discovered my child had no lunch.

Does she ride the bus?
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:50 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Thats what I said, I told the teacher and the principle and they both said theyd both look into it.. we'l see. She doesnt ride the bus, I walk her to school and collect her. The school building shes in is between 4-6 yr olds only babies really so this time I'll let it go. She got subway out of it after school so that cheered her up.
    DawnLauren

Comment by DawnLauren (original poster) at 6:57 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Is she in a half day program? I only ask because I would be more upset she missed lunch than the missing lunch box it's self! I was thinking she had left it on the bus but I guess not... I wonder what did happen! And she has no idea right? lol
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:59 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• shes in junior infants Irish version of kindergarden I think.. so school for 9 to 1.40. she'd breakfast at 8, snack of cheesestring and fruit at morning break but for big break nothing.. Yep she'd no clue, she tought I forgot it, I defiantly didnt.. hopefully now the teacher will be more watchful of the kids lunches..
    DawnLauren

Comment by DawnLauren (original poster) at 7:05 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Are you Irish? My mother in law is from Belfast Ireland. She has been here in the US since she was 4 though. Her mother still has an accent. I love it! So my children are at least 1/4 Irish but more than likely it's more.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:39 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• cool. Belfast is at the top of Ireland im at the bottom:) my great gran mother is from Boston she met my great gran father who was Irish and they moved back to a little village in Cork.. Belfast accent is great though.
    DawnLauren

Comment by DawnLauren (original poster) at 7:56 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I would be upset
    fryshannon34

Answer by fryshannon34 at 8:53 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• In my son's school they put their lunch boxes in a bin when they walk in in the morning so they are all kept together....there is a chance she lost it...our kids aren't always paying attention at this age (at least mine isn't...lol). I would ask the teacher to keep an eye out for it...does your school have a lost and found? Chances are it'll show up. If someone did steal it, think of it this way:maybe THAT child didn't have lunch and you fed a hungry/needy child.
    Either way, your school should have some kind of policy in place where a child who forgot their lunch can at least get a fruit/sandwich and drink. Did she tell anyone she didn't have a lunch???
    connorsmom1970

Answer by connorsmom1970 at 10:41 PM on Sep. 25, 2010