would u defend your friend? am i wrong? adult content

i have a younger guy friend that i go to school with and we are in the same program so we spend 8+ hrs a day together between classes and studying. well he broke up with this girl cause she became too clingly and this girl uncle is also my friend, and the uncle is wantin to beat the classmates @$$ cause of the lies the ex gf said, about him stalkin her when its not the case. this guy wants NOTHIN to do with this girl, i read all of the emails and txt she sends him, he ignores all of them. now the long time friend is mad at me for tellin him going after this guy is dumb, its done she needs to get over it that this guy moved on and there is nothin anyone can do.
this girl txted him threatin to get him fired and do other stuff, i told the uncle enough is enough that this crap has to stop, and the girl mom even threatened me cause i dont want to see this guy get beat up over something so dumb

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:41 PM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• I think you are kinda in the middle here, just sorta by accident. I would have told the uncle to back off, I would have told him the guy hadn't done anything, but the girl had been sending all these texts. I'd have told all I knew. Threatening bodily harm like that IS stupid, it's over LIES. I wouldn't want this guy to get beat up over this loser girl and her lies. But the guy does need to report her, he's got proof, she's an idiot. He needs to get a TRO, against her and her uncle if he doesn't knock it off with his threats.
    I would have gotten involved just cause that's how I am. It's not just about being nosy, but I wouldn't want the long time friend to get arrested, or this guy to be attacked over lies from a psycho b!tch.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 8:29 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Stay out of it, why get involved in drama that isn't yours. Life is hard enough!
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 6:45 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Well, usually I'd say there's what he says, what she says, and the truth is somewhere in the middle. But if you actually saw communications between them, and you KNOW he's telling the truth, I'd say you did the right thing.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 6:44 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Break up happens and if they can't realize that then they weren't good people to be friends with in the first place.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 6:45 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• if she's threatening him, has he thought of going for a restraining order?
    gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 6:46 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• You're not wrong for telling your long time friend that it is dumb to want to beat the other guy up because it is dumb! These people sound very immature, if the ex boyfriend was really stalking her she should go to the police. If her uncle does beat this guy up he could end up in jail. I would distance myself from these people if I were in this situation.
    nmmama09

Answer by nmmama09 at 6:48 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• my brother broke up with a girl that was a friend of his on facebook and her dad made some ugly comments about my brother and my sister got involved and said some comments herself and then her mom said some stuff too and so on. this blew up into a huge deal and then eventually it died down and him and his now ex are just friends.

he wrote something on her wall like "wanna go to the movies?" and then her dad started up all his drama again and her mom too and we realized it is best to stop poking at the people that purposely start the drama and stay out of it and it doesnt matter if you defend yourself, they are just going to say other things.

let the drama die down and stop poking at each other is my best advice!!
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 7:06 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I would defend my friend to the end if it keeps goin borrow his phone and show them the texts
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 7:49 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• whats done is done & whats been said has been said....try to just back away from this issue now before it gets alot more uglier for you also...you mean well but let your friend who is a big boy take over now & deal with it. GL.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 8:01 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I would do the same thing. In the end, you are trying to save them both from something. You are trying to save the guy friend from getting his butt beat, and you are trying to save the uncle from assault chrages.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 8:04 PM on Sep. 24, 2010