What would you do?

I made a status on Facebook last night, ranting about it having connection issues and I dropped the F bomb. Now, I don't do that a lot on my statuses, just once in awhile. Like a rare once in awhile. My MIL responds with:

: Ummmm...sorry sweety, but the *F* word..I know you're frustrated, but....

Honestly, I'm not a child here, I don't need someone reprimanding me for what I say. Don't like it, don't look at it. But this was my response:

And? I'm not censoring myself. I don't have children as friends, everyone here is an adult. I'm sorry that it offends you and I will try not to do that in the future, but it's my page, my business to write what I want on it.

I'm so pissed over that right now that I'm shaking. That's going to be the end of it, I'm not even going to say anymore and I will most likely delete the post altogether (but I'm going to give her a chance to read my reply). (more)

thatgirl70

Asked by thatgirl70 at 6:59 PM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• Well, then let's hope she's not on my friend's list. lol. I cuss, alot. I have alot of family who are Christian, but still, it's who I am. They know I cuss, cause I do it in front of them IRL, so it's no surprise. I am not about to censor myself because they are to "fragile" to handle my adult language.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 8:17 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I think you handled it well. I don't know the history or anything, but what you said was to the point, firm, but not rude. And I agree - your page, say what you want. F whoever has a problem with that! The delete button is quite easy to use.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 7:04 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• If she doesn't like it you can make sure she knows where the "Remove from Friends" link is. Your response was great, mine would probably have been something more along the lines of "Fuck you".
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 7:13 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• if you cant express yourself on facebook because of a certain person, then why have a facebook at all? there's people that use facebook for just the pupose of expressing religion, their mistakes, anger and other things. you should do whatever you wanna
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 7:18 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• DH says I should just ignore her, but I am so sick of having to walk on eggshells around this woman, trying not to offend her.
    thatgirl70

Comment by thatgirl70 (original poster) at 7:00 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Oh and she's coming over here tomorrow so we can do something. I was about to email her the details, but I'm too frustrated.
    thatgirl70

Comment by thatgirl70 (original poster) at 7:01 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Oh I was tempted to say that, but I had to remember that is my MIL and I do mostly have a good relationship with her and would like to continue that. Right now I'm just waiting to calm down. DH said she was a hypocrite because she cusses too, LOL.
    thatgirl70

Comment by thatgirl70 (original poster) at 7:20 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Now she's bitching to DH about me, LOL. That's it, now I'm deleting her from Facebook.
    thatgirl70

Comment by thatgirl70 (original poster) at 7:35 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Well, you have to keep in mind that what you write gets put on other people's news feeds, so its not really a "dont like it, don't look at it" sort of thing. She wasn't snotty about it, but you were. If you don't want to deal with her, delete her. Other wise, watch what you say.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 7:49 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Well, it's my gaming page which I rarely post anything on, so there is a constant stream of game messages on it and the majority of my friends are those that play games. You have to pay really close attention to even see my rare posts on there.

She is snotty in her own way. This is 10 years of her talking down to me and making me feel like crap. I'm stressed. I'm dealing with a husband who hasn't had a job in over a year (which she doesn't know about because he insists we lie to his family about it). I'm dealing with wondering if we're going to have enough to pay the mortgage and put food on our table. She criticizes our 3 year old son about everything he does. I can't win with this woman. And then I have to deal with her condescending attitude on top of everything, whether I do anything wrong or not.
    thatgirl70

Comment by thatgirl70 (original poster) at 7:57 PM on Sep. 24, 2010