my 11mnth old wont sleep!!!and is crabby quite often any suggestions???

my 11mnth old hardly sleeps at night and only takes catnaps during the day. any ideas of things i can do to help him sleep?

mom11811

Asked by mom11811 at 7:22 AM on Jul. 2, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Be grateful he sleeps that much. My Jesse would only sleep with the breast in his mouth for 2 years OMG!
    rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 11:01 AM on Jul. 2, 2008

• I got my son to sleep through the night by setting up a routine. He has a set bedtime (roundabout give or take 1/2 hr, bc I do not like to force it) bath, story, song, prayer. His body got used to the time and he was sleepy every night at this time. He never wanted to get in his crib but once I pull out his book he snuggles down and gets ready for it. I started this around 10 months old. He started walking then and didn't want to settle down at night.
    handsomebabyj

Answer by handsomebabyj at 11:54 AM on Jul. 2, 2008

• He might be teething, try teething tablets you can find them at walmart, also you can try setting up a routine and stickting to it... they both worked with both of my sons
    jag21jen

Answer by jag21jen at 12:42 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• healthy sleep habits, happy child buy this book and you will be "cured"
    ChasesMommy0115

Answer by ChasesMommy0115 at 1:59 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• He could be teething... just stick to a regular routine. He might resist it for a while, but once he starts feeling better (or just gets used to the fact that you're not going to budge) he will start sleeping better. It will be tough on you for a while, but it'll pay off, I promise!
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 2:50 PM on Jul. 2, 2008