Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Where do I go for legal help regarding abuse against my son that occurred at daycare?

My son who's 4 came home last week with a rug burn on his back. He told me his teacher pulled him by the foot. I called the police and they came, took pictures, and filed a report. I also called the state licensing agency. I confronted the site supervisor and the teacher who did this to my son. The teacher admitted that she did pull my son by the foot. I pulled my son out of the center. She was suspended, but she's back working at the center. I tried to obtain a copy of the police report, but they told me I need a court order. I contacted an attorney, but he can't take the case probably because he believes there's not enough $$. I'm at the end of the rope. I don't want this woman to do anything else to other children. Please help,

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 7:14 PM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

Answers (6)
  • I don't know what to tell you to do. I'm so glad your smarter than me because had my son told me something like that I would have kicked that teachers ass. But I guess you can speak to parents. Spread the word. If they start losing business I'm pretty sure they'd kick her to the curb.

    Answer by reigndrops12689 at 7:24 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

  • a rug burn isnt going to shut down the school NOR fire her and prevent her from ever working around children again. I suppose I would just warn all my friends and write to the BBB.

    A case cannot be built against this person unless multiple mothers have also complained about such issues and even in that case you still dont have cold hard evidence.

    It's sad but true... without the evidence that it was an intentional violant act you really cant do anything...

    Answer by FITmama2B at 7:26 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

  • I work at a center. I would suggest telling all the other parents what happened. I know that would stir a lot of S**T at my center.

    Answer by dancinintherain at 8:21 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

  • Thank you all for the advice. I did tell most of the parents that I knew and it did stir up a lot of s**t, but it's funny how the parents still have their kids at this center. It's sad because this woman has a history of abusing children according to former teachers.

    Answer by katatude at 10:20 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

  • I really don't understand why they couldn't give you a copy of the police report since you are the one who filed it. If you can't get anywhere with the police or an attorney, tell them you will go public with this, the paper and the news. People should know about this. There are also other children in the daycare that could be hurt as well.

    Answer by amessageofhope at 1:07 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

  • Good for you mom!

    Answer by Radarma at 7:06 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.