Breastfeeding

This not a question but I am getting really tired of hearing and seeing about how breastfeeding is the way and how breastfed babies r healthier and smarter. 1st off i couldn't breastfeed! Yes I said couldn't. Most of u r saying u didn't try long enuf or u should have seen a specialist. Well I did and I could not breastfeed. I have 4 children and they r as healthy and smart as any breastfed baby! I really think its wrong 2 look down on mothers who gave or give their child formula. There could b a reason.

olivia3579

Asked by olivia3579 at 7:29 PM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You go girl!!!!!!!!
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 7:33 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Hey, if you tried you are good with me! I only get irked when mothers say they never even tried it. They just assumed they would not like it or that bottles are easier. You made a good educated decision. You tried all your options and picked the one that worked for you!!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:33 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I don't understand why you are posting this. I'm sure if I asked why you couldn't nurse, you probably wouldn't answer me, so if you're not going to discuss it, why bother posting? Seriously. I agree that breast is best, and that anyone who CAN nurse, SHOULD, but I'm NOT going to BASH anyone, or call anyone a bad mom for using formula.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 7:33 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• i get you. theyre are some moms on here that get mad when u say your going the formula rout and say your a bad mom..im going to do both
    Kittty_Katt

Answer by Kittty_Katt at 7:37 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I will discuss it. Ask questions! I'll tell u y I couldn't breastfeed.
    olivia3579

Comment by olivia3579 (original poster) at 7:42 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I do both. I mostly breastfeed, but I also supplement formula if I feel he hasn't gotten enough to eat. You aren't a bad mom for not breastfeeding. All moms have that choice, breast or formula. Either way is right, breast is not best for everyone.
    Becca1189

Answer by Becca1189 at 7:43 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I don't know anyone who looks down upon formula feeding moms. None of us do what is 100% right for our children 100% of the time. We just recognize that there is a healthier way to feed babies. And that's a scientific fact, all the "my kids are fine" anecdotes don't mean anything.

Only 2% of women can't breastfeed. You could fall into that percentage there, but you have to understand, with 25% of moms never initiating breastfeeding and all but 20% giving up by 6 months (12% by a year) the "I couldn't breastfeed" excuse gets used a lot more than 2% of the time. It's kind of a boy who cried wolf thing. Not saying it's right for anyone to judge you, but devil's advocate here... we hear it a lot lol.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 7:44 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I couldnt with my 1st bcuz he was a month early and discharged 2 weeks after me. He was tube fed and on a resporator. The hospital gave him a bottle after i told them i wantd 2 breastfeed. I tryd for 2 months when i got him home and he wouldnt eat.
    olivia3579

Comment by olivia3579 (original poster) at 7:45 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• To each their own and exactly....people don't know why your baby if on formula.
    croneasm

Answer by croneasm at 7:47 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• My 2nd cryd like a colicy baby but wasnt. She fed on both sides 2 hrs each every half hr for 3 months. Gave her a bottle and the cryn stoppd.
    olivia3579

Comment by olivia3579 (original poster) at 7:48 PM on Sep. 24, 2010