I'm BF my 13 Month old.. Can I take Sudafed?

I think I may have a sinus infection. My nose had bled 4 times today and there is puss draining from my eye. I can not see a doctor until tomorrow morning and I need some relief. I am in SO much pain. Is Sudafed safe??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:38 PM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Yes, sudafed is safe, but if you take a lot of it it CAN temporarily reduce your supply. Since your baby is 13 months that shouldn't be a huge problem since it's jsut temporary.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 7:39 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Take plain sudafed, its a little red tablet. It was ok to take when I was pregnant so I'm sure you can take it while breastfeeding.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 7:40 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• The little red pill of regular sudafed is okay but you have to ask the pharmacist for it. The stuff that is on the shelf is crap.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:07 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Thanks so much for your replies ladies. This cold/ sinus infection is sheer misery. Good Night!

BelliesMami

Answer by BelliesMami at 9:13 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• my lact consult told me sudafed will dry up my milk so be careful...since you have been BFing so long then you would prob be fine
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 9:14 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• If you can stick it out for one more night until you can see the dr. I would.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 2:34 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Should be OK, hope you feel better soon!!
    Radarma

Answer by Radarma at 12:08 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• The beginning of your question does not make sense. But yes, sudafed or Afrin should help a lot
    NicolesMommy

Answer by NicolesMommy at 1:54 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I'm sure it is.
    mp3mom

Answer by mp3mom at 1:03 AM on Sep. 29, 2010