Someone PLEASE help me. I'm scared. adult content

I need help, I know I do. I have been 24/7 mom for 8 years. 4 kids now and dh works away from home. I see him 6-7 times a year for about 7-9 days at a time. He will NOT let me put the kids in daycare so that I can go to school or work. I have tried every kind of discipline I know yet, the children remain unruly. He gives em everything. Every game and toy they want regardless of the way they act at home. When he is home they still act up and he does not correct them. Over the past couple months I have slowly started to lose it. Even when the kids talk....I cringe. I hate to be around them. HE KNOWS THIS!! but he just says, "Oh u need a break...you'll be fine for now." God help me but I dream of packing the car and leaving them behind with family. Why would I think that?!?! I KNOW i love my kids!!
If I check myself into a psych hospital will they take my kids away? I want to get better for them. Be a better mother for them.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:44 PM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Health

• You don't need to check yourself into a psych hospital to get help. Call your doctor and get a referral to a counselor and go talk to one. You NEED some time away from your kids. Take a couple classes and have a friend or family member watch them. You DESEREVE some time away from the kids. The kids are acting like they are because their father is rarely home, so when he is he is spoiling them. It really needs to stop. Have the kids clean out their toys and give them to the poor or a childrens hospital. If they have not played with the toy in 6 months, get rid of it. But, you should first see a counselor and NO if you have to be hospitalized your kids will NOT be taken away.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 7:52 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• relax and take a deep breath...you need to tell your husband you are losing it and ask him if you end up in a psych ward what he will do with the children?? ...girl sometimes you have to look out for yourself..find family to keep them...tell them you are going insane..that they will take your kids and noone will ever see them again if they dont help you..
    mskaylatwilight

Answer by mskaylatwilight at 7:57 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• go talk to a shrink
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 7:52 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• See a doctor for anxiety medication and a counselor or therapist for your mental health.
    countjb

Answer by countjb at 7:55 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Don't go to the psych ward, go to dinner with a friend. Go to the grocery by yourself. Just get away for a while. Can you send them to Grandma for a weekend?
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 8:06 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• don't lose it. you don't have that luxury because you rchildren need to see a strong mature adult woman to take cues from. dont take anythign out on them either. they may be picking up on your stress and thats why they are unruly because they see you lost, out of control and unhappy. you are doign the MOPST important job in this world, raisng a child. YET if you feel they COULD be some of the older ones in daycare, you shoud be LET to put at least one in. also that is good for socialization and expansion of your child's mind, not just tosave money. it sounds like your husband makes money because it is the type of ob he travels for. if he has the luxury of goign off on his job, you shoud have the lux of putting a child in care. yet mayeb he is abusive emotionally. JUSt make it a beautiful day every day for the kids,,, have reading time, nap and quiet time each day and play independent time to YOU can get some me time. God bless
    silverelf

Answer by silverelf at 8:07 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Breath! We've all been there! When you sit on the couch at the end of the day and think..."oh my god! this is my life? What have I gotten myself into?" Call a friend. Get a sitter. And go out once a week. You can not be a mother, if you dont take time for yourself! And remember you not alone, there are thousand of us on this site that feel the same way at one time or another!
    momsbreak5654

Answer by momsbreak5654 at 8:29 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I think raising four children can be a lot of work and doing it on a daily basis must be very demanding and stressful.. That is a heck of an accomplishment on your part. You should actually be giving yourself a pat on the back. Let's face it, children can be very demanding and constantly need things done for them and so forth. If you want to get more time for yourself which it is obvious from your post you need so you can have a bit of free time for your self, which is only fair, what about a Mother's helper who steps in and watches the kids for a couple of hours while you get time to unwind and concentrate on doing what you need to do for yourself.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 8:33 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Unless you have intention of harming yourself and/or your children, you probably would not need inpatient treatment. It sounds like you are very overwhelmed, maybe depressed and having some anxiety to go with it. I've gone through spurts of what you are going through. I think you do need to talk to a mental health professional and just release some of this stress, maybe get put on some medication if need be. You need some time to yourself, even if it is just getting a membership at the Y and working out for a couple of hours. I've been in your position so many times. My husband gets deployed and I am by myself with kids and in an area with no family or friends. Just the kids. We are not all supermoms. It's hard to remember that you are also a person and not just their mother. You lose yourself in this game of life. I know. Just know it took you a long time to get where you are and it will take you a while to heal.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:45 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• i agree with tyfry
    FreeSpriT4eva

Answer by FreeSpriT4eva at 11:36 PM on Sep. 24, 2010