I'm fat.... obese and pregnant... Im I even worthy of this pregnancy?

I'm 235 pounds... I gained 20 pounds in 2 months for no apparent reason. I don't even fried foods, I don't stuff my face with junk, I'm not lazy... I have 2 small children to chase after and i go to college. When we got married 5 years ago I was 150, I just blew up. This is my fourth pregnancy, we had 2 healthy babies and we lost one in the last trimester. The thing is, I don't want to gain weight during this pregnancy and I am very early along. I don't know what to do. I'm embarrassed of even going to the doctor b/c I dont want to be humiliated b/c of my weight, the risks etc.... I dont know what im asking.... but i feel like an idiot and the thing is, I want this baby so badly, I just dont feel worthy

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:45 PM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I was 200 pounds when I got PG with my DD. I'm only 5'3" so that's a lot for me. Just try to eat right and walk when you can. It's all you can do. Don't be embarrassed!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:47 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Talk to your doctor about the sudden weight gain, there could be something medically wrong. You DO deserve this pregnancy, don't think that you don't. Do what is healthiest for the baby and don't worry about what someone else may think. The doctor is there to help you. HUGS!!!

Answer by tyfry7496 at 7:48 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• It makes me sad that you feel unworthy, good parents come in all shapes and sizes. You should see a doctor because they might be able to help you control you weight. ::hugs::
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 7:49 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I would seriously recommend you go to the doctor, of course, but also seriously consider going to therapy. Your words worry me in a lot of different ways and I think you could benefit from some guidance. Being fat does not make you unworthy of having a child. It does not make you an idiot. And it not reasonable to say that you don't want to gain weight during a pregnancy. I am more concerned with where you are mentally than what you weigh!! Please go get some help mama. Your babies need you.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 7:52 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Sounds like your a loving caring mom, and you dont need the lecture about losing the weight! You are worthly, and while you weight may be an issue it doesnt mean your not worthy of love another child! I think personally you should try to lose the weight, for yourself and for your children! You are not doing anyone any favors by keeping the weight on, and it sounds like it is really effecting your self-condidence and self-esteem! When you are at the doctors for the baby talk to him and explain your concerns. GL
    mrsmamaj

Answer by mrsmamaj at 7:52 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Of course you are worthy. If you are feeling like this, you have bigger problems then your weight. I would go see a therapist, because honey, you seem very, just, sad. Do you want to talk?
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 8:15 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• PS I was 190 when I got pregnant and I am only 5'1".
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 8:24 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• This saddens me because this is how I felt when I got pregnant. I was 220 pounds and gained 45 during pregnancy. I barely lost any weight after he was born. I got pregnant a year after I had my son. Now my daughter is almost 3 and I am now working my ass off to get these pounds off me. When I started working out, I gained more energy and self confidence. Don't give up on yourself or your child. Your child will love you. No matter how big or small you are.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 9:56 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• There might be a reason for the weight gain like others have mentioned. I have PCOS and that has caused me to gain weight because I'm insulin resistant. I was 145 lbs when married in 2005 and now I stay around 180 or 190. I'm now 204 at 27 weeks preggy. I'm scared on how much weight I will hold onto but having my daughter is worth any weight issues.
    Anna-Chubaby

Answer by Anna-Chubaby at 12:52 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I was 305 when i got pregnant with my son. I was 306 when i delivered. I had no problems with my pregnancy other than gestational diabetes. It runs strongly in my family. Even in the thin women. It can happen to anyone so it wasnt cause i was fat. Being heavy doesnt make you any less of a mom sweetheart. You still deserve this baby as much as anyone else!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:54 AM on Sep. 25, 2010