Why am I am I always so tired?

I work out, i dont drink soda, i eat healthy, i get plenty of rest, i do all the house work and watch my two girls ages 2 mos and 8 mos. i go to bed early and wake up early and for some strange reason i still get sleepy during the day and end up taking naps with my two girls for two hours. i hate this and am trying everything to change this habbit.

navajomama7

Asked by navajomama7 at 7:49 PM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Health

• I think it is honestly just a habit. I get into the habit of taking naps. Then I decide I need to stop and I push through the sleepiness. I get over the need pretty fast. Also, talk to your doctor, this is JMO.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 7:53 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Maybe you could meditate while your children nap. This would relax you in a healthy way.
    countjb

Answer by countjb at 7:53 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Have your iron levels checked. If you have low iron your blood will not be able to transport oxygen as effectively, leaving you feeling drowsy and sluggish.

If that's normal, start taking a B-complex. Those work wonders for me.
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 7:53 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• have you been tested for anemia? i had the same problem, turned out I was slightly anemic, and I also had sleep apnea-
    But I'd start with the anemia possibility. sounds a lot like I used to be
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 7:57 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Get tested for Anemia.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 7:58 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Also have your thyroid checked.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 8:11 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• A dr visit is in order! In addition to being anemic, it could be any number of things. I was in the same situation as you after I had my 3rd child. I was diagnosed with sjogrens syndrome, an autoimmune disorder. There's not really any medication to "fix" it, but I can treat the symptoms and it helps to know that there is a reason for my fatigue and I'm not just being lazy!

Answer by missanc at 8:24 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• It is called being a mom. I have this from time to time but to play it safe go to your doctor.
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 8:25 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• MOMS get that way hun
    LoVe4Free

Answer by LoVe4Free at 11:40 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• You could have a sluggish thyroid. Or you could even have anemia. Don't just take iron though, too much iron in your body is toxic. Schedule an appt with your dr and see if there is a physical reason.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:57 AM on Sep. 25, 2010