how many cans of formula do you go thru each month?

how old is your baby?

mywonderyears

Asked by mywonderyears at 7:50 PM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my DD is almost 5 months and we go through 11 plus cans, along with about 4 boxes of cereal, and 6 jars of baby food. Found out she's a bit overweight :( 17 pounds, 11 ounces. 25 inches long.
    shaysmommy5810

Answer by shaysmommy5810 at 7:52 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• one-two a week plus, so like 4-6 a month. she is now six months old. i breastfed her til she was four months old. she is bigger than most percentiles too. i give bottles very regularly, they both FEED and SOOTHE my child to sleep!! so dont refuse a bottle, the act of suckign causes a child to relax and let go and feel secure in their world and home and with thei rmom, she drinks now 6 oz thats three scoops to 6pz water, she used to take 4 oz which was two scoops. she drinks like a LOT of bottles per day, probably... 8 or 10. then now sleeps almost thri the night with a bottle in the middle of nite
    silverelf

Answer by silverelf at 7:55 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• We go through 10-12 cans of Formula a month I believe. My daughter is 11months old.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 7:57 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• silverelf, are you using 12oz cans?
    mywonderyears

Comment by mywonderyears (original poster) at 7:58 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I haven't counted in a while but if I had to guesstimate I'd say eight to ten cans. His is different than a lot of normal formula. Its amino acid based hypoallergenic formula, One scoop per one oz water. I know my sisters all have different amounts of how much formula goes in a bottle. Anyways he also has table food, two jars of baby food a day, water in a tippy with meals, and oatmeal. Hes nine months. He is in the 60th percentile for weight, and 95th for height.
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 7:58 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• About 8 cans. We get WIC and have gotten 8 cans a month from birth. Next month he will be a year and I never had to buy a can. Although, I pumped and he had half BM and half formula for 4 months. And I had like 20 cans from my first son saved. But right now, 8 cans.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 8:27 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• 7
    Jemia

Answer by Jemia at 9:01 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• 4-5 of the big cans, she is 10 months and has drank that amount since she was 6 months old.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 10:42 PM on Sep. 24, 2010