17 month old peeing and pooping in the bed?! please help! lol

my 17 month old has started this new thing where she is taking off her diaper and either peeing in the bed or pooping. Both times shes pooped in the bed, she smeared it every where! please tell me what you think or if your child has done the same thing. i have tried onies, fully clothed her and she can take everything off.

theirmommie

Asked by theirmommie at 11:27 PM on Oct. 20, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• OH MY! I would probably laugh at first but maybe it's just a phase. Have you tried changing her diaper in the middle of the night? Maybe she does'nt like being dirty.
    2precious2

Answer by 2precious2 at 11:29 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• one piece PJs on backwards! the zipper kind from gerber without the feet are the best. I stock pilled those from walmart LOL :) I have tons for my son and daughter (she's not to that stage yet but I know she will be)
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 11:29 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• BTW we tried that diaper change in the night idea... my son didn't go in the night...he took off the diaper then went poo in the morning.
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 11:30 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Everyone of mine did it at least once. I literally duct taped the diaper closed. That was what eventually worked for us when we tried everything else. Most of mine started that around 13-14 months old. I also found the sooner I could get them out of the crib the less it happened. In fact none of them did it out of the crib. Good Luck..I know it's a mess.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 11:33 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• grneyedgrandma- :) we did the duct tape too but over his PJs so he couldn't unzip them. hubby thought it was mean so I tried the backwards idea :)
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 11:39 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Oh my gosh that never happened with my two! Yes, I too would laughthe first time, however it would get really old, really fast. The bacwards one peice sounds like an outstanding idea!
    benya121

Answer by benya121 at 11:50 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• This is very common. Duct tape on the dipaer tabs, one piece clothes like foot PJs and onsies. And remember, she doesn't know what germs are, she doesn't understand about messes. It's not gross and disgusting to her, it's new and interesting.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:35 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Maddie has doe it twice ad it's so gross! The only thing she can't take off herself is a onesie so I make sure she has one on when she naps, eve if we are constantly changig her clothes. It's the oly thig that has worked. I have also heard you can put the diapers on backwards so they can't get them off.
    jillmw

Answer by jillmw at 8:59 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I've always thought that if they can take off their diapers, then they're ready for the potty....in fact, that's one of the things DD got for her first birthday...start making him/her go to the potty...
    moore_me03

Answer by moore_me03 at 9:29 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• FlutterFae

Loving the idea!!!
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 11:45 AM on Oct. 21, 2008