dilated and having sex.. adult content

so is it bad to let your SO get off inside of you when you have started dilating? i am 2 and a half cm's and we have had sex twice since ive started dilating is it okay or could it cause any infection or harm to the baby? might be a dumb question but i'm just wondering.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:59 PM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• A bad idea! Could cause bad infection. You could have a leak in your water and give the baby an infection.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 8:00 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• actually as long as your water hasent broke you should be alright (it acts as a protector)

but if you're worried about it.... hold off!
    FITmama2B

Answer by FITmama2B at 8:05 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I was told that once I was dilating that vaginal penetration had to stop. That might have changed in the 13 yrs since I had my youngest.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:05 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I was 2-3cm and the dr said we could have sex-that it can actually start labor. It worked for us-the next morning my water broke and I had my baby girl. As long as your water has not broken and the dr has not told you NO sex-you should be fine to have sex.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 8:11 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• No, it will not cause an infection. No it will not hurt the baby.

It *may* trigger labor, and you can have sex up until the moment your water breaks.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 8:21 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• You can be 2 cm a month or two even before you go into labor or even longer, I was 2cm with my first for a month, and my doctor told me to have sex to try to see if it will get things goin, as long as your not in active labor, or your dr has told you not to, then it should be a ok :) But always wise to ask your doctor, he/she knows best
    ashcrash

Answer by ashcrash at 8:21 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• It's fine as long as your water hasn't broken.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:36 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• As long as your water hasnt broken you are fine :) I actually asked my doc this cause i was dilated to a 3 and 75%. She said go for it!
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 1:51 AM on Sep. 25, 2010