is it okay to flea bomb...before the baby is born

We left the house for a few weeks we have wood floors and are animals are on comfortis for fleas always so I have no idea how they are in there but they are bad if I close the babys room and seal off the door cracks too would it be okay I know its probably not a good idea but we also have ants severe plus fleas I'm scheduled the 24th of oct

Kre10

Asked by Kre10 at 8:04 PM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• do it a week in advanced and you will be fine... be sure to clean all the sheets, the floors and wipe down everything baby will be in contact with
    FITmama2B

Answer by FITmama2B at 8:07 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• yes but dont breathe it is as you fog the house. we had to do that and waited a month before moving in i was three months pregnant. just dont breateh the active fumes in and wash oyr hands if you touch the dust afterward. take a good shower too. there is hope because we eradicated fleas just vacuum a lot and never let it get that way again. we had it when we were coming INTO a rental situatiuon yuck
    silverelf

Answer by silverelf at 8:09 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• You'll have to open all the doors and rooms and cabinets. Flea bomb, and stay out of the house for 2 days. Then clean every single thing, even in closets and cabinets.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 8:10 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• our yard must be bad bc our animals are clean and I've had them w me so they weren't. In the house lol but I will bomb and wash everything cloth like but I can't stay out of the house for days just hours bc we don't have family close....I'm more worried about it her affecting her when she's born ill have my husband air it out before I come home
    Kre10

Comment by Kre10 (original poster) at 8:15 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• thank you for the tip of opening all the doors and cabinets i wouldnt have thought of that
    Kre10

Comment by Kre10 (original poster) at 8:41 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I would not "flea bomb" ever. It is not healthy for anyone. Treat your pets. Then you won't have fleas or ticks in your home. If you DO have them in your home, then you must not be treating your pets with a method such as ADVANTIX.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 11:05 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• we did, but I stayed away for 5-6 hours
    lasombrs

Answer by lasombrs at 9:12 AM on Oct. 5, 2010