Who is sick of the breastfeeding Nazis?

I am for sure! It's great if a mother can breastfeed their baby but if they can't (or decide not to) then that is their choice. My mom breastfed all her kids. What a wonderful mother, right? No, she let her brothers molest her children and then protected the molester when children spoke up. Breastfeeding does not mean a mother is a good mohter so please get off your high horse and leave formula fed mothers alone.

worriedmommy600

Asked by worriedmommy600 at 8:09 PM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• ...I'm really kind of sick of all the Nazi references myself. At some point you gotta step back and say, "Are they forcing people into gas chambers? No? Then they aren't really Nazis."
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 8:10 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I am sick of people arguing about breastfeeding vs formula feeding period.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 8:11 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

So am I but it seems that it's always the breastfeeding mothers who bash the formula fed. It's really un-nerving.
    worriedmommy600

Comment by worriedmommy600 (original poster) at 8:13 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• just don't let it get to you, i formula fed my kids and they are just fine ignore the bullcrap and move on
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 8:14 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• As a mom who's done both, it really does go both ways. There are extremists in both categories, down to the mothers who act like you're a horrible parent if you don't BF, to those who act like you're a pervert if you do. The rest of us fall somewhere in the middle.

And I agree about the nazi reference. I get it, truly. It just seems to be thrown around an awful lot.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 8:17 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Me Me Me!

Honestly, I feel like if less people felt pressured to choose between the two and were willing to do both there would be more children who were at least being breastfed part of the time. This idea that you HAVE to choose one or the other and that there is even a wrong choice... If it's right for you, right for your family and right for your baby, that's all that matters!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:18 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Are they forcing people into gas chambers?

I think half of them would if they could... I've been told more than once I don't deserve to be a mother because I supplemented my oldest with formula - even though it DID breastfeed him til he was over a year...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:19 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• You are NOT what you feed. A breastfeeding mom isn't automatically a good mom (even though some of them like to think they are!!). The best moms do what they feel is best for their individual child.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 8:33 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I have never seen a formula feeding mom call a BF mom a pervert. Has that really happened? I HAVE seen them asked to cover up...but not that the ACT was perverted. And OP you are right! I am seeing more and more new moms stressing themselves out to the max over being AWFUL moms if they dont BF! I BF one and didnt 2...guess what they are ALL healthy, VERY rarely at the dr and when they ARE it's from crap they catch at school, and they are VERY smart honor roll kids. And Horror of ALL horrors...my hubby SMOKES ***gasp***. I have seen moms who obsessively clean their children and never allow them NEAR germs and their kids are the ones who seem the most sickly.....JMO

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 9:01 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I choose to breastfeed both of my children. My odd however I had issues with and had to go back to work so she was both. My ydd was breastfed until two however. I have had both negative and positive experiences. I hve alo never put someone down for formula feeding. If asked my opinion I would give it. I think sometimes people feel judged when hey are the ones who ask the questions in the first place.
    katcb1019

Answer by katcb1019 at 9:12 PM on Sep. 24, 2010